83

Jennie

I laughed reading Rosé and her girlfriend's conversation. It had been a long time since I've seen them so I made a mental note to invite them over for dinner sometime. I walked over to my nightstand and decided to go over my lines for the week but stopped midway when my phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

Alison's voice came from the other side, "So how was Paris? I mean I've never been there, but oddly it looks a lot like San Diego."

"Yeah, about that..." I started. "I didn't end up going because Taehyung bailed on me at the very last minute."

"And what was his excuse this time?" Alison asked.

I chewed on my bottom lip, hesitant to tell her that truth, "He didn't have one. He just stood me up at the airport."

There was silence on the line before Alison started yelling, "What an asshole!! Jennie, you need to get your eyes checked because I don't know what the heck do you even see in him. And don't you dare say that you see his inner beauty!" she said in a mocking tone, "Because that's shit too!"

Her voice softened, "Why didn't you tell me when we were texting on Friday? We could've hung out all weekend."

"You already had plans with your family. I didn't want to ruin that." I sat on my bed. "But I had a really great time with Lisa and her family over the weekend."

"Is that why you haven't looked at your phone all weekend?" She asked nervously. I was suddenly cautious, because Alison never got nervous unless something bad had happened.

"It's kind of a rule that Lisa enforced on me, I actually didn't mind it though." I frowned, "Why? What happened over the weekend?"

"I'm sending you the links now."

I put the phone on speakerphone as Alison sent me multiple links, all with similar headlines:

Taehyung Kim in a budding new romance with Secretary of State Yoo-jung Kim.

Successful businessman Taehyung Kim officially off the market.

Yoo-jung Kim and Taehyung Kim: A match made in heaven!

And then blurry pictures of Taehyung and Yoo-jung having dinner, while talking and laughing littered my screen.

"Are you ok?" Alison asked softly.

I nodded my head slowly but forgot that she couldn't see me. "Yeah." I finally answered and it was strange, but I actually was okay. Usually, it was what I'd say when dating rumours would pop up about Taehyung. But I actually wasn't bothered by it, right now.

"It's probably just another rumour, Jennie. Don't worry about it." Alison soothed.

"I know, Alison. It's weird, but I'm actually really ok." I chuckled with a shake of my head. "Even if I wasn't, Taehyung and I are on a break right now."

"Wait, whaaaaat!?" Alison asked. I heard one of her sons whining in the background. "Not now, Jay. Mommy is working right now."

I laughed, "You're the biggest liar."

"I mean... I'm not technically lying, but stop deflecting. What do you mean you and Taehyung are on a break? Not that I'm not happy about it." she added. "When did this happen?"

I rolled my eyes at the comment, "A couple of weeks ago when a photograph of us at a party leaked. He said that we should take a break and then this trip was supposed to be like a little reward for the both of us."

"Why didn't you tell me, Jennie?"

I laid down, "Because how pathetic would it sound that my own boyfriend didn't want to be seen in public with me because I wasn't enough for his image." Now that I finally said it out loud, my mood went down a bit. I raised my hand to put it over my eyes when the ring Lisa bought me caught my eye. I held my hand in the air and continued looking at it with a smile, "But I'll be alright, Al. Lisa really helped get my mind off all of that and I really feel like I needed a weekend away with Lisa more than a weekend away with Taehyung."

I continued looking at the ring on my finger as I remembered my weekend with Lisa. I couldn't have asked for a better long weekend.