111

Lisa

I walked past people talking on headsets almost sprinting to their destination. I stood on the tips of my toes trying to find Alison but also hoping that I didn't bump into Jennie as well.

"Lalisa, right?"

I turned around and found Hyun-suk smiling at me, "Lisa." I took his hand and shook it.

"Are you looking for Jennie? I could get a runner to find her." he said,

I shook my head, "No, I was actually looking for her manager, Alison."

A walkie talkie on his hip suddenly paged for him, "I think I saw her talking on the phone in Jennie's dressing room. I'm sorry to cut this short, Lisa. I've got to take this. It was great seeing you." he said before he walked away.

On my way to Jennie's dressing room, I stopped by the set as I watched Jennie practicing a scene with a co-star and couldn't help but fawn over her. God, she is so beautiful.

I tore my eyes away from her and forced myself to continue to her dressing room and knocked on the door. Alison opened it with a confused expression on her face, "Lisa?"

She opened the door wider for me, "Is everything ok? What's wrong? Jennie didn't tell me that you were stopping by today."

I took a seat on the couch, "That's because I didn't tell Jennie that I was coming over." I went into my pocket and took out the cheque that I was given 3 months ago, "I know Jennie won't take this if I try to give it back and I can't stand being in the same room as Taehyung Kim." I slid the cheque to her.

"I don't understand, this is your payment. This cheque is the only benefit that you have in this contract, why wouldn't you cash this in?" she slid it back to me.

"Because if I took the money, it would invalidate what I feel for Jennie." I slid the paper back to her, "And what I feel for her is very real." Alison seemed hesitant at first but I continued, "I'm also not going to accept the other half of the payment when the contract is up. I feel like there's something there between us and getting paid for it, just doesn't seem sincere on my part."

Alison looked down at the cheque in her hand, "Ok, fair enough." she conceded, her eyes empathetic.

I nodded and let out a breath of relief, "Thanks, Alison." I made my way to the door and was about to turn the handle but stopped, "Can you do me a favour? Please don't tell Jennie about this, she'll make me take the money and I'm so whipped for her that I'd do anything she says." I said with a small laugh.

Alison gave me a curt nod as I left the room. I walked back to the parking lot feeling like a weight have been lifted off my shoulders. I wanted to start fresh with Jennie and I felt like this was needed, in order to do so.