150

Lisa

I pulled the doors to the bar open and was greeted by cheers as soon as I walked through the door.

"She's here!" Bambam yelled.

Everyone yelled, "Surprise!" and I did my best to show a shocked expression but as soon as I made a face, everyone put their arms down in disappointment.

"Alright, who told her!?" I heard someone say.

Teddy put his arm around me, "Hey kiddo, where's your other half?"

I winced. Jennie and I had decided without talking that we would spend tonight at our own events. I thought back to earlier this morning, how I got up extra early to avoid Jennie after our fight last night, only to find that she didn't start the coffee maker like she usually does, that's when I knew she was really angry, she knew how important coffee was to my mornings. When I called her co-workers pretentious, I wasn't implying that she was pretentious as well. Jennie was the most down-to-earth person that I have ever met, celebrity or not. Why couldn't she see that?

I definitely worded my sentence wrong last night, but I thought Jennie knew that I didn't include her when I said that.

"She's at a work thing." I smiled sheepishly, "Celebrities, right?" I rolled my eyes with a smile.

Teddy gave me his own smile before he signalled to Bambam, "Why doesn't she have a drink in her hand yet?"

I laughed as the people I used to work with thrust their own cups to me, "It's gonna be a crazy night." Diane yelled as she took a shot. I grinned and grabbed a shot from one of the outstretched hands. The alcohol warmed my throat and I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. I was going to have fun tonight, with or without Jennie.