53

Lisa

I huffed as I walked back to my room, with my arms full of clothes that I just took out from the dryer. I peeked over the mountain of clothes to make sure that I didn't bump into anything. I walked past the living room quickly knowing that Jennie was due home any minute now. But of course, I watched as a sock fell off from the top of the pile.

I groaned as I looked down at the floor, contemplating just leaving it there but I thought of all the mismatched socks that I already had. I sighed as I manoeuvre one of my arms to hold the pile while the other reached for the lone sock. My fingertips grazed the fabric of the sock. I rolled my eyes and let out a frustrated sigh, why did my arms have to be so short?

All of a sudden a hand reached for the sock and placed it back on top of the pile. I stood up straight as my eyes found Jennie's and my heart skipped a beat. I tried shaking the feeling away, it seemed like the kiss was still messing with my head.

"It was painful watching you trying to pick that up." Jennie laughed.

I chuckled, "Thanks, I was just about to give up on it, to be honest."

"I'm glad that I can be of assistance then." she smiled. She nodded to the pile in my hands, "Laundry day?" She followed me to my room, "Yeah, I thought that I'd do some laundry for the long weekend."

I threw the pile onto my bed and let out a satisfied breath. Jennie was leaning on the doorframe with her arms crossed, "Big plans this weekend, I assume?"

The way she was looking at me was making me uncomfortable. Or maybe just the fact that she was looking at me made me feel awkward. I cleared my throat, "I'm going camping, it's a family tradition."

"That's cute." she smiled.

"Yeah, the cutest." I laughed. "What about you? Any plans for the long weekend?" I ask as I picked up a shirt from the pile to start folding.

I watched Jennie give me a small smile, "Taehyung's taking me to Paris."

I put the shirt down and my eyebrows shot up, "Are you serious! That sounds super romantic."

Jennie put her hand up to her face to hide her smile, "I know, I'm really excited. It's been so long since Taehyung and I have spent any time together."

I nodded my head, knowing full well how angsty she was to even get a reply from him. She never really spoke out about it but I could tell how jumpy she was when she would get a message on her phone. To be honest, it broke my heart a little at how it seemed like Jennie loved him more than he loved her. But I didn't dare say it, not after what happened the last time when I even made some spoken observation about their relationship.

"Alright, I'll get out of your hair and let you get back to folding laundry." she stood up straight and I thought that she would've gone back to her room to start packing, but she hung around for a minute. "It was really nice talking to you, Lisa. I kind of miss your face." she flashed me a smile before she left.