82

Lisa

Jennie and I rode the elevator up in comfortable silence, "I can't thank you enough for letting me tag along with you this weekend, your family is wonderful." she smiled. I saw her smile dim a little and her eyebrows crease as she faced forward again.

Over the weekend, I watched Jennie interact with my family and it hurt my heart knowing that her parents were choosing not to stay in contact with her.

I nudged her shoulder with mine, "You know that my family is yours now too, right?"

She laughed in response.

"I don't know why you're laughing." I continued, "Every time my mom calls, I'm passing the phone to you from now on."

"Deal." she answered. The elevator doors opened and we stepped out, "Oh, you have no idea what you just agreed to." I teased. She rolled her luggage into the living room, "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a much-needed nap." I gave her a tired smile before I walked towards my room.

I threw my bag on the floor and fell onto my bed face first. I pulled my phone out of my pocket half expecting messages from my mom, Lia, and Bambam asking how my weekend was, but instead, I had thousands of notifications from Instagram and Twitter. I opened up Twitter first and to my surprise, I found that Jennie and I were trending on Twitter yesterday.

I clicked on an article that talked about what Jennie and I did on the weekend and I felt squeamish. I didn't like knowing that it was so easy for people to know what Jennie and I do in our spare time. I was about to click out of the article when I saw the pictures.

Pictures of Jennie and I walking hand in hand through the farmer's market, at the bakery, and at the lake. I was kind of annoyed that the lake was probably going to get busier now since it had been photographed but that feeling went away when I saw the carefree smile on Jennie's face when I held her in my arms.

Jennie is so beautiful, I'm sure everyone would agree, but there was something about the way she looked in that picture, so relaxed and carefree that she was absolutely breath-taking. An Instagram notification suddenly popped up on my phone saying someone liked a post that I was tagged in. I clicked on the notification wondering what post it was and to my surprise, it was on Jennie's Instagram page. It was a video of us laughing and singing terribly at the top of our lungs in the car on the way home with a caption that Jennie wrote.

jennierubyjane: Get you a girl that can sing like a nightingale but will sing off-key just to make you feel better about your lack of singing abilities. LOL Happy Birthday beautiful ❤️

I clicked on the comments and saw it was a mixture of people wishing me a happy birthday and others gushing over the post. I couldn't keep a smile off my face reading all the comments. I stopped scrolling when I saw that Jennie responded to someone.

roses_are_rosie: If I wasn't already in a happy relationship, I'd have half a mind to get myself a Lisa LOL

sooyaaa__: @roses_are_rosie excuse me?

jennierubyjane: @roses_are_rosie RIP LOL

I peered at the username and something seemed familiar but a text came in from Bambam.

Bambam: Hey, since you're back in town, do you want to come over to practice for the show on the 10th?

I made a face, I totally forgot that we had a gig two weeks from now. I thought about skipping the practice but decided otherwise. I sent him a quick text and rolled off the bed slowly. Looks like that nap was going to have to wait.