92

Lisa

"Is it weird having people follow you around all the time?" Lia asked as a man with a camera scurried away after he took a picture of us. I pursed my lips, "Jennie says that I'll get used to it, but I'm still weirded out. Like, how do these people even know where to find me?!" I laughed, "Anyway, it's just a small inconvenience but I get to be with Jennie."

"I've already told Jennie, but I think you guys are so opposite of each other that you're perfect for each other." she revealed.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Yeah." she answered. "So, don't screw it up."

We continued walking and I wasn't sure how to bring up the next subject. "How are things at home?"

Lia was quiet while we continued walking, "It's the same." she finally said. I quirked an eyebrow at her, "Is it really?"

Mom never told me how everything was at home. It was only when Jennie and I visited that I saw a pile of bills sitting on the table before my mom shoved them into the junk drawer. Lia sighed, "No, not really. Mom is always stressed out at the beginning of the month because that's when everything is due." She turned to look at me, "Last month she wasn't sure if we were going to be able to pay rent."

"Why don't you guys move out here?" I asked.

She put her hands in her pockets, "Lisa, we can't make rent in San Diego, how the hell would we make rent in Los Angeles?"

We crossed the street, "I'd obviously buy you guys the condo."

"Mom and I would never let you do that." Lia countered.

I held the door open to the cafe, "It's more for me. I like having you and mom around, so having you guys at least in the same state would be great." I laughed, "I miss mom's home-cooked meals and it's killing me having to figure out what to make every day." Lia was right, I never cooked. Before I moved in with Jennie, I always ordered in or I would go over to Bambam's and mooch off of him. But something in me wanted to cook for Jennie and ever since I moved in, I found myself looking up recipes and cooking videos every night.

Lia grinned, "Wow, you're so smitten, it's disgusting." She made kissy noises beside me until I pushed her into a trash can.

"That wasn't very nice!"

I shrugged, "Think about it this way, if you and mom moved out here, you'd have another chance at getting me back for doing that."

Lia's face broke in a grin and she shook her head, "I mean it would be pretty great if we could do stuff like this all the time."

"Like old times." I added.

She nodded, "I'll talk to mom about it, but I'd be so down." She motioned to the counter, "I'm going to grab a coffee, do you want one?" I nodded and went to grab us a table when I heard my name.

"Lisa?"

I turned at someone calling my name, "Jisoo?"

She walked towards us, wearing a white shirt tucked into her black dress pants. The last time that I saw her was when she was in high school I think, and she definitely looked more mature now. "I haven't seen you in so long!" she exclaimed with open arms as she enveloped me in a hug.

"Yeah! I think it's been more than five years." I pulled away, "I see that you've swapped your sweat pants and hoodies for a casual business look."

Jisoo laughed, "Nope, I still wear them on the weekends." She smoothed out a wrinkle in her shirt, "You just caught me on a good day."

"So what have you been up to? The last time I saw you..."I tilted my head in thought.

"When you helped me try to impress Rosé on our date." she finished with a smile.

"Yeah! So, did it work?" I asked, curious about how that date went. I remember when Jisoo and I both worked at the restaurant, that girl was the only thing Jisoo would talk about to the point where I pushed her to ask her out and to serenade her on the date.

She wiggled her eyebrows at me, "It definitely worked out for me."

I made a face, "You're like a sister to me. I don't need to hear about your sex life."

She laughed and hit my arm, "No! Not that but Rosé and I are engaged."

I don't know what got into me, but I squealed, "No way!"

She showed me her left hand that was now sporting a diamond ring on her finger, "Way!" Her phone rang and she rolled her eyes, "Sorry, I should probably go."

I pulled a face, "Are you in town for a while? I have a gig on Saturday, you should come!"

She nodded, "Yeah, sounds great!" her phone went off again, "I'll be there, just text me the address." she added, "I'll see you on Saturday." she finished as she picked up her phone and waved goodbye.

Lia walked to my side, "Who was that?" she asked and handed me my cup of coffee.

"A friend." I took the cup and took a sip.