97

Jennie

I heard the music even from inside the elevator as it brought me up to the penthouse. I turned the corner and found Lisa in the kitchen swaying softly to the music as she was plating something. Something inside made my heartbeat faster and put a smile on my face. Then I remembered what Alison said and the smile slipped off my face.

She turned around with the pan in her hand, "Oh, you're home!" she turned to look at the time, "You're early, I wasn't expecting you for another 15 minutes." She looked around the kitchen at her mess, "I was going to clean up and plate dinner before you got home." she said with a sheepish smile.

I shook my head with a smile at her, "Traffic was pretty light. I thought when you said dinner, I didn't think you meant that you were making dinner."

She stopped walking with two plates in her hand, "We can go out for dinner instead." she turned and went to put the plates of food away but I walked over and stopped her.

"Don't be ridiculous." I took the plates from her and put it on the already set table. "Especially since you don't cook according to Lia, all the more reason to stay in and enjoy what you cooked."

"Speaking of which, where is she?" I looked around noticing that Lia was nowhere to be found.

"I handed her off to a friend that I ran into today." she said before taking a bite of food. "I didn't want her interrupting us, tonight." Her face went red, "Not that there was anything to interrupt... I... I mean just in general..."

I put my hand over my mouth trying to contain my laughter, "You're cute when you ramble."

Lisa tried hiding a smile on her face but I caught it. She went to grab a bottle of wine and some glasses while I sat down and put the napkin on my lap. This is the most home-cooked meal that I've ever eaten in my life, and I could honestly get used to it.