52

Jennie

I closed the door to my dressing room, thankful that today's shoot went by quick and we finished at a reasonable time. It's been a couple of weeks since I've gone back and I'm slowly getting back into the routine of things, but these early morning call times were something that I could never get used to.

I grabbed my personal clothes from my bag and started talking off my character clothes. I shrugged off the cardigan and went to pull my shirt off when I felt something click from behind my neck. I checked the shirt for any rips and felt something dangling from my hand.

I untangled the item and immediately felt guilty when I saw the ring laying in my palm next to the snapped necklace that Taehyung gave me.

Before I even had a chance to inspect the damages to the necklace, there was a knock at the door. "Miss Kim?" Jordan the wardrobe assistant called from the other side of the door, "I'm here to grab the set clothes."

I quickly put the broken necklace into my purse, "Yes, just give me a minute please!" I quickly peeled the clothes off and put it back in the garment bag that came with it.

I opened the door in my robe and stifled a laugh when Jordan's eyes went as wide as saucers. His eyes immediately snapped up to mine as if he was afraid to look anywhere else. I handed him the bag, "You really didn't have to come to pick it up, I could've dropped it off before I left."

He inspected the clothes inside the bag, "I know, but Jessi likes to make sure that we get everything back right away."

I chuckled as I nodded, knowing full well how anxious Jessi could be about the set clothes after shooting. "Well, thank you anyway, Jordan. Have a good evening." As I was closing the door, my phone went off. I picked it up, hoping that it was Lisa wanting to talk about, well at least anything. I've seen very little of her for the past two weeks since she dropped by the set. I always caught her on her way to work, but she could only spare me a couple of minutes.

I picked up my phone and to my surprise, Taehyung's name popped up on the screen.

Taehyung: Hi honey, I know that I've been missing in action for a while but I have good news.

I quirked an eyebrow at the message and typed out my response. He better have a very good reason why he ghosted me for literally a month.

Me: And that would be?

Taehyung: I've just finished putting together my campaign team.

All of the anger I had suddenly dissipated as I typed excitedly.

Me: Are you serious! That's great, honey!

I knew that he wanted to be State Senator and then eventually aim as high as being President someday. I was happy for him, he was so supportive when I started out in my acting career so it's only fair that I show the same amount of support.

Taehyung: I know, it's crazy. I can't believe it either ha ha.

Taehyung: And I know that I haven't been the best boyfriend for the last couple of weeks, but I want to make it up to you...

Before I could ask how he plans to make it up to me, Taehyung sent another text.

Taehyung: I really hope that you don't have plans for the long weekend because I'd really like to take you on an overnight trip to Paris.

I smiled as I typed my reply. Paris was one of our places, it was the first place we travelled to when I landed my first lead role in a Hollywood movie. I loved that it was kind of a tradition for us.

Me: And why on earth would I turn down a trip to France?

Taehyung: LOL. I was hoping you'd say that. Meet me at Bob Hope Airport at midnight?

Me: I can't wait :) Congrats again babe. Love you.

I set my phone down, excited for the long weekend to start.