164

Jennie

"Reservation for Jennie Kim please." I said as I walked up the waiter. I followed him to the back of the restaurant where Taehyung and I usually sat.

I sat down when he pulled out a chair for me at the empty table. I let out a disappointed sigh, he was late again. I should've known better.

"Can I start you off with anything to drink?" the waiter asked.

"A bottle of red wine, please."

He looked at me expectantly to be a little more specific as to which wine and I smiled politely, "Whatever you recommend."

He gave me a nod and left me to look at the menu. I looked around the restaurant instead, Taehyung and I had been coming to this place ever since we started dating, sitting at this exact table. A waiter came by placing two wine glasses on the table and filling mine with red wine.

After taking generous sips from my glass, I just knew that Lisa would prefer not to come to a place like this. She loved going to those hole-in-the-wall kind of restaurants, where the decor was outdated but the food was amazing.

I almost didn't notice Taehyung slip into the seat across me because I was so busy thinking about the reasons that Lisa would never visit this restaurant.

"Hi, honey."

I jumped in my seat a little, "Oh, hi."

He nodded at the half-empty wine glass in my hand, "I see that you've already gotten a head start." he chuckled, while lifting the wine bottle and pouring some into his glass.

I nodded, looking at the wine in my glass as I twirled it around by the stem, "It's been a long day."

He looked over the rim of his glass when he took a sip, but raised an eyebrow, "Are you alright? You seem a little... aloof tonight."

"Yeah, I'm ok." I answered in a bored tone while I still looked at the wine swirling in my glass.

He cleared his throat, "Shall we order?"

I didn't have much of an appetite but I hummed a response. I didn't want to be here right now, I wanted to be at home, cuddled on the couch with Lisa watching bad reality television and listening to her commentary. I drained the rest of my glass in one gulp and reached for the bottle.