68

Jennie

I watched Lisa swim away as I continued undressing. I lifted the hem of Lisa's shirt over my head thankful that I packed a bikini for Paris. I still couldn't believe how beautiful this place was. I'm not much of a hiker myself, but if it meant that we ended up here, I wouldn't mind. I wondered if Lisa would invite me every year, it was actually kind of fun. I walked closer to the water, while taking everything in.

"Jennie! Come on!" I heard Lisa shout. She was waving her arms, with most of her body submerged in the water. I laughed, "I'm coming. I'm coming!" I yelled back as I waded into the water. The water was cold against my skin as I walked deeper, with the water now coming up to my torso.

Lisa laughed as I stood stiff, my arms rigid against my sides and my hands balled into a fist. My teeth chattered, "The water's freezing."

"You have to dunk your entire body in." She walked closer to me and I held up a hand, "Don't you dare come any closer, Lisa."

She didn't say anything, and just continued to swim towards me with a grin on her face.

"I'm serious!" I warned.

"Hi Serious, I'm Lisa. Nice to meet you." she joked. She was about a foot away and before she even had the chance to dunk me, I plunged myself underwater. Lisa was smirking when I came back up for air, "I wasn't actually going to dunk you, but don't you feel warmer now?"

I gave her an unimpressed look and rung the water out of my hair.

"I didn't think you were the type to wear a strapless kind of bikini." she commented. I swam closer to the waterfall, "I'm not supposed to have any tan lines during filming, and I'd never hear the end of it from Nayeon because she'd have to cover it up."

Lisa chuckled, "Also one of the many reasons why I could never be a celebrity, there are too many rules and too many people pretending to be your neighbours but they're actually paparazzi."

"You'll get used to it after a while." I replied nonchalantly as I doggy paddled circles around her. I giggled as I continued paddling, I couldn't even remember the last time I went swimming in water that didn't have chlorine in it. Lisa stretched her arms to stop me, "But everyone deserves at least their privacy. I get that lack of privacy comes with being a celebrity, but I feel like boundaries are being crossed, especially with you."

I smiled at how protective Lisa was, "But you said you'd always protect me, right? Which means you'll protect me from your mom if she doesn't like me."

Lisa laughed, "Of course, she'll like you. She's been bugging me to bring you around ever since that interview. She's always loved the movies that you've been in."

I'm not sure why that little validation made me feel good, but it made me smile. Lisa gave my shoulders a little squeeze and moved away after realizing how close we were.

"But before we go, there's one other thing you have to do." she called over her shoulder. I watched her swim to the edge and pull herself out.

"And what would that be!?" I yelled back at her as I watched her swim back to shore and pulling herself out. I made an effort not to ogle her body as she ran excitedly to almost the top of the waterfall, it was like watching Bay Watch in real life except Lisa was way hotter. My eyes went wide as I ducked sheepishly into the water, embarrassed at that thought swirling around in my head.

"Cowabunga!!!" She yelled from the top, as I watched her jump off the 20ft cliff making a splash as she entered the water.

She came up to the surface seconds later laughing. "Wow, I haven't felt a rush like that since..." she stopped talking and blushed.

"Since what?" I asked confused.

She shook her head, "Nothing, never mind." She pasted a smile on her face and pointed to the cliff, "You should try it."

I shook my head, "No way, I kind of like being alive, so I think I'll pass."

Lisa rolled her eyes at me, "This height is perfectly safe to jump from, trust me. I've been doing it since I was a little girl."

I hesitated, "Are you sure the water is deep enough?"

She nodded, "It gets deeper the closer you get to the waterfall and it's clear at the bottom." She splashed water at me, "Come on, Jennie it's ok to have fun once in a while."

I splashed her back, "I have fun."

"You work all week for long hours and when you do get off work, you're hauled to different interviews, photoshoots and award ceremonies." She raised an eyebrow at me, "Try doing something that isn't written down in your schedule. I know you're spontaneous because if you weren't, you wouldn't be here right now."

She held out her hand, "I'll jump with you if you want."

I took a deep breath and took her hand, "Ok, fine." I was relieved knowing that on the way down, it was Lisa's hand that I was holding.