118

Lisa

I waited for the machine to finish dispensing the tokens, the excitement I felt watching the tokens collected in the tray made me feel nostalgic. I transferred the tokens into a small plastic container, "I'll let you choose the first of the many games you'll lose at." I joked, while jiggling the container in my hand.

Jennie gave me an unimpressed look and nodded towards the basketball free throw machines lined up against the wall, "Want to warm up with those?"

I chuckled as we made our way to the machines, "This one requires skill, are you sure that you want to do this one first?" I put two tokens in her machine first then put two in the machine next to hers for mine.

"Aren't you being a little arrogant right now?" She asked while leaning on the machine.

"I prefer the term confident." I smirked when she raised an eyebrow at me, "Don't act like it doesn't turn you on."

"Everything you do turns me on." she said nonchalantly. She reached over and pressed the start button on both of our machines. Five basketballs were released in front of me but I made no move to start playing. I mean, how could I? She just said something that would make anyone stop what they were doing.

I could see the excitement going through her as all of her shots went in while I stared at her, still shocked. She hit a bank shot right before the time ran out and put both arms in the air triumphantly with a wide grin. She looked up at her score and was satisfied with her points then glanced over at my score and saw that it sat at zero.

"Is your machine broken?" She asked when she saw that all of my basketballs were still sitting in front of me, "What's wrong?" she asked when she saw the disoriented look on my face.

I turned to her, completely abandoning the game, "Did you mean that?"

"Mean what?"

I looked down at the floor bashful, my face getting hot, "That I turn you on..."

It took a second for it to register what I was talking about, but when it finally clicked, she laughed, "Baby you're being so cute right now." She pulled me close, "Do I have to remind you that I was close to ripping your clothes off last night? And if it weren't for you being so sweet and wanting to take me out on a date first, I think I would've had my way with you."

The shyness I was feeling a minute ago suddenly gone as I leaned in and whispered in her ear, "We'll see about that." I pulled away, "Let's play again, this game doesn't count."