153

Jennie

I huffed and tried to keep a steady pace as I squatted with the bar and plates. "Good form, Jennie!" I heard my trainer yell over the music blasting in my ears.

I woke up this morning tangled up in Lisa's arms, for a bliss moment, I was happy and so content with just being in her arms. I had a brief memory of Lisa coming home last night because I heard her bump into literally everything in the living room.

I thought she was going to sleep in the guest room like she had decided the previous night, but to my surprise, she crawled into bed next to me. I felt her arms pull me closer to her and I fell asleep almost instantly when I knew that she was home safe.

But the last thing I remember was her saying that she loved me. She said it so quietly that I thought I imagined it. Just the thought of it distracted me from my set as my left leg almost gave out. I used all the strength I could muster up to push the bar up but I was struggling. I felt Mark take the bar off the back and place it on the holder. "What happened with that last set?" he asked, "You were doing so well."

I ripped my earbuds out of my ear angrily and accepted the towel he had handed me, "I don't know." I panted. He nodded, probably thinking I was upset about messing up my sets, "Maybe we should call it a day. I don't want you to strain yourself." He pointed to my left leg, "Make sure that you stretch your leg out, you might've just aggravated it and that's why it's sore."

I nodded my head before I lifted my water bottle to my lips. We talked a little bit more about scheduling my next training session, but my mind was on something else. Eventually, I was making my way back to my car, thankful that I was finally alone with my thoughts.

I sat in the driver's seat and just stared blankly out the windshield. Today was the day that I had to break up with Lisa. How was I supposed to do that? How was I expected to lie to her and tell her that I didn't want her anymore, when it was the complete opposite.

I leaned forward and rested my head on the steering wheel. This was the hardest role I was going to have to play since I started acting professionally. How the hell was I supposed to pull this off?