174

Jennie

I fell into bed feeling totally defeated. There was only so much I could do to convince Lisa to take me back and while I understood that I went about the wrong way, I didn't think that she was going to be so cold and indifferent towards me.

I closed my eyes and groaned into the pillow. What did I expect? I lied to her. I heard the elevator doors open from my bedroom, "Alison, I told you that I'm fine." I yelled from my room, "But if you brought a bottle of wine, you can stay." I added quietly. My eyes started to feel heavy and I was slowly drifting to sleep. If Alison wasn't going to do anything but nag at me for not fighting hard enough for Lisa, then I'd rather not be conscious for it.

"I think you've had enough to drink."

My eyes snapped open and I sat up in bed, no longer feeling tired when I recognized that voice.

"Wh... what are you doing here?" in my peripheral vision, I could see how much of a mess my place was and I was so embarrassed.

Lisa looked around the room as well, "Are you redecorating?"

I followed her eyes and looked around my messy bedroom, "Something like that." I mumbled.

She held up a shirt and a hair tie in her hand, "I accidentally took these when I packed my stuff up."

I looked down at my hands and stayed quiet.

"Alright. Well, I guess I'll just leave it right here." she bent down and placed it on what used to be a chair but now it resembled a mountain of clothes.

"Yeah, ok thanks." I muttered and laid back down. I could hear her footsteps retreating back to the elevator and teared up.

This was it. This was the last interaction that we were ever going to have. When I heard the elevator doors open and close, that's when I let the tears fall. I curled up in a ball, hugging my knees to my chest and just cried.

But then I felt arms envelop me into a hug from behind, "Shhh, no more crying. I'm here baby." Lisa whispered into my ear.