126

Jennie

"See you next week, Jennie." my trainer called out when our workout session ended. I gave him a wave and made my way to the car, thankful that I got my gym day over with. My phone started ringing in my hand and I smiled when I saw Lisa's name came up on the screen.

"Hi baby." I smiled into the phone.

"Babe! You will never guess what just happened." she said breathlessly.

"There aren't any openings for apartments in the city anymore?" my eyes went wide when I realized what I had just said. But she was so excited to tell me whatever her news was because she didn't seem to pick up on it.

"What? No." she laughed, "Ethan Park called me! Do you remember that night at the bar with Jisoo and Rosé and she gave me her dad's business card?"

I frowned. I remembered that night but I didn't remember specifics other than when Lisa and I started making out. But that was also due to the fact that I was thoroughly drunk.

"Uh, yeah?" I answered.

"Ethan Park called and said that he wanted to set up a meeting with me tomorrow night!" she said excitedly. My heart sank, we were supposed to go on a date tomorrow night. I didn't have a lot of time with her left so I was a little sad that she had an important meeting tomorrow.

"But I asked him if we can reschedule to maybe the day after and he said it was ok. Babe, he's so cool." she gushed.

I frowned, "You rescheduled an important meeting? Working with Ethan Park will definitely give you the connections that you need in the music industry."

"I know right?" she said happily, "But we're going out tomorrow night, you said there was a Thai restaurant that you've been dying to try, right?"

I was speechless. She put off meeting an industry bigwig and network with one of music industries' greatest because of a date that we were going on tomorrow night. She literally just put her possible career advancement on the back-burner because of a simple promise that she made me.

"Babe?" she said from the other end of the phone call, "Are you still there?"

My eyes welled up with tears, "Yeah, I'm here."

"Okay... umm is it ok if my mom and Lia come by tonight for dinner?"

I laughed and wiped my eyes, "Yes baby, that sounds great."

"Cool, I've got to go. I'm meeting with the financial advisor now. I hope you have a great day and I'll see you at home."

"Bye, babe." I replied and hung up. I didn't want Lisa to leave, I didn't want her to find another home, her home was with me. I couldn't remember the last time that Taehyung postponed anything for me and here Lisa was, postponing an important job interview for a normal date night. I couldn't even explain how that made me feel but I knew that I didn't want this contract to end and the last two weeks of this contract were coming faster than I did last night.