135

Lisa

When I got home I found Jennie with her head in her hands. "Babe?" I put my bag down on the floor and sat down beside her, "What's wrong?"

She turned to look at me, her eyes were red-rimmed and her cheeks tear-stained. She immediately put her arms around me and held onto me tight, while not saying anything. I felt her body start to shake as she started crying softly into my shoulder.

"Tell me what's wrong." I coaxed softly, while rubbing her back.

I felt her shake her head against my shoulder before she pulled away and wiped her cheek with her sleeve, "Nothing. I just had a bad day." she said softly. I took notice of the dejected tone of her voice and the distressed look on her face.

"Who upset you? I'll go beat them up right now." I said half-jokingly. I didn't like seeing her this upset. She chuckled but her smile didn't reach her eyes like it normally did. "Is it alright if we stay in tonight? I know I said that we should go out and celebrate, but I just want to be alone with you tonight."

A tear escaped and rolled down her cheek. I reached up and wiped it away with my thumb, while caressing her face gently, "We can do whatever you want, baby."

Her face turned to anguish as she started crying again, while seeking refuge in my arms.