112

Jennie

I walked with Alison across the set, "So, what did you get up to last night after I left?" she asked.

My face started heating up when I thought back to that night, "Nothing really..."

"Really? Because People Magazine and TMZ says otherwise." she showed her phone screen to me and blurry pictures of Lisa and me first in an argument then us making out in front of the bar.

I cleared my throat, "Like I said, nothing really." I walked quickly to my dressing room and closed the door hoping that she'd let it go but when I heard the door open, I knew that wasn't the case.

"Jennie, I'm saying this as your best friend." she stood with her arms across her chest, "But what the hell are you doing?"

I looked back at her shocked, "Excuse me?"

"This whole thing is a mess and frankly, I'm not sure if I can fix this." She put her hand up to her forehead and let out a breath. "The press is having a field day with whatever happened between you and Lisa last night. But that's not even the worst part in all of this. Trashy rumours and journalists I can handle, but this blurred line between you and Lisa, do you know what you're doing?"

Anger shot through me as I glared at her, "I get that you're my manager, but I will not have you talking to me like I'm a little kid." I clenched my hands into fists, "Is it so wrong that I want to feel wanted? God knows that you've seen and heard about my relationship problems with Taehyung."

Tears threatened to spill from my eyes, "And I finally found someone who genuinely cares about what I think, even if it's something so trivial. Someone who doesn't just hear me but listens to what I say." I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat, "She's someone who wants me and sees me not as a celebrity, but for who I am as a person. The person I was before all of this." I gestured to the dressing room. I wiped a tear that fell down my cheek, "Does that make me such a bad person?"

"You know that's not what I meant." her face softened, "Jennie, she's a great girl but I just want to remind you that all of this isn't real. This is a contractual relationship."

I always knew the boundaries of the relationship but hearing Alison say it out loud stung, "Don't you think I know that!?" I bit back.

"So, what? You're going to have your fun with Lisa for another month, and then when the time's up, you're going to go back to Taehyung?" she looked past me at the bouquet of flowers which Taehyung had sent me. No, scratch that, I knew it was his personal assistant who had really sent it after being told to send apology flowers. After years of being with him, I've become very familiar with her handwriting always saying the same thing. I've never brought it up to him, for fear that I was right.

I ignored what she said, "I didn't realize that you cared so much about Taehyung."

She shook her head, "I couldn't care less about him, but I do care about you hurting Lisa." She held onto my hand, "She's a beautiful person, inside and out and I'm saying this to protect the both of you. I know that you didn't mean to fall for her, but there's a really big chance that you will hurt her."

I was conflicted, on one hand I loved Taehyung, I did. But it always felt like I was an afterthought to him. With Lisa, everything was so easy. I wasn't sure where this new thing with Lisa was headed, but I wanted to explore it and if there was one thing I was sure, it was that I would always protect her. "You're wrong, I care about Lisa and I would never hurt her."