47

Jennie

I strolled onto set smiling at everyone that passed. It was my first day back since the stalking and break-in incident and I was so thankful that the director gave me two weeks off to recuperate. Granted, it did mean that every scene that I've missed in the last two weeks, I'd have to do a large portion of it today; but I was still thankful. It gave me time to take care of Lisa while she was still sick and for the first time since our "relationship" started, we were finally able to get comfortable around each other.

I slipped into my dressing room hoping that I could go through my lines for the scene today when I was met with the Hyun-suk the director and Mark the writer.

"There she is." Mark beamed.

"Good afternoon gentlemen." I greeted as I sat down in my make-up chair.

"It is indeed." Hyun-suk smiled. I looked at Mark and Hyun-suk who were both smiling so wide that they were starting to scare me a little.

I cleared my throat, "Is there anything that I could do for you guys?"

Mark shook his head, "Not at all, is there anything we can do for you? Would you like a bottled water? Maybe a Perrier instead?"

I quirked my eyebrow at him," I'm ok, thank you. Just gonna go through these lines." I waved the script in front of me.

"Oh, of course, of course." Hyun-suk said as he went to leave the room but stopped, "I just wanted to let you know that we've added more security, just to put your mind at ease."

I nodded my head with a smile, "Thank you. I really do appreciate that."

Mark headed towards the door, "Alright, we'll get out of your hair." he ushered him and Hyun-suk out of the room but before he closed the door, he popped his head back in, "And it's great to have you back." Mark added.

"It's great to be back." I laughed as he closed the door.

I got comfortable in my chair and opened my script only to be interrupted again by my phone. I pulled it out of my pocket and was pleasantly surprised to find a text message from Lisa.

Lisa: Would you rather be compelled to high five everyone you meet or be compelled to give wedgies to everyone in a green shirt?

I laughed as I typed out my response. During my mini-vacation, Lisa and I spent the time asking each other ridiculous 'would you rather' questions. I think Lisa sensed that something was off after I told her how I felt in my relationship with Taehyung and suggested we play a game. It was a great way for me to distract myself from Taehyung but I was also grateful that this game got Lisa and I passed the awkwardness in our relationship.

Me: Easy... high five everyone I meet. There is no way I am touching underwear that isn't mine.

Lisa almost immediately texted back.

Lisa: You've never given someone a wedgie before??

Me: No... have you?

Lisa: Of course I have... I have a 10-year-old sister, so I'm obligated to give her wedgies. It comes in the big sister handbook.

I laughed and put my phone down. "So, she has a sister." I said to myself. It would probably explain her playfulness and protective nature. My phone vibrated in my hand again.

Lisa: So does that mean you'd high give the directors and writers when you audition for roles?

Me: It would probably make auditions a little more exciting. Slow day at work?

Today was the first day we both went back to work, so I knew if it were busy she wouldn't have time to talk to me.

Lisa: It's steady. Bambam said he needed to talk to me but I'd rather be talking to you :)

Me: Or you're just trying to get out of doing work? :p

I rolled my eyes and shook my head with a smile. If there was one thing I learned in the last two weeks, it was that Lisa was a flirt. But she's so naive that I don't think she knows it and it's kind of cute.

Wait, did I just think that? My phone vibrated in my hand before I could come up with a reason.

Lisa: Crap, Bambam found me. I'll talk to you later. Have a good day at work :)

I smiled as I responded to her and put my phone in my pocket. It was nice to be back at work and know that I was being productive but a small part of me wished that I was back at home with Lisa, just hanging out. I shook off that thought and just figured it was because I was still on vacation mode.