78

Lisa

Jennie and I walked side by side in silence which I was grateful for because I wasn't really in the mood for conversations. I couldn't believe how long it had been since I'd seen Jungkook and I hated how much seeing him affected me. It just brought up all these feelings from when we were together.

But it felt good knowing I was the one that got away, it was an even better feeling saying everything I should've said to him when we broke up.

My shoulder brushed against Jennie's and I was so lost in my thoughts that I forgot she was even there.

"Thanks." I said quietly.

She looked over at me, "For what? I haven't done or said anything."

Which couldn't be further from the truth. Our shoulders brushed again and I linked my arm through hers as a response. We walked past the local bar that I used to try and sneak into when I was in high school but always got caught by the owner. Thankfully, I was close to Mike so although he scolded me, he always sent me home with some bar snacks.

The door to the bar opened before Jennie and I reached it. "I thought I saw you through the window." Mike smiled, "How's it going, kid?"

I laughed, "Surviving." I grabbed Jennie's hand, "Mike, this is Jennie, my girlfriend." Funny how it was getting so much easier saying that out loud.

"Hey there, Jennie." he held the door open, "I was looking forward to the day when I can finally invite you in for a drink legally." he opened the door wider for us. I looked at Jennie to make the decision and she smiled, "I mean a glass of wine wouldn't hurt."