16

Jennie

Lisa sat in the chair next to me while Nayeon and Sorn worked on her.

I stared at the questions that were going to be asked in my lap, practicing my answers in my head. Satisfied with my answer, I looked down at the next question and gulped.

How did you and your girlfriend meet?

Well, we couldn't tell them the truth, so it looks like we had to come up with a lie. I looked up to see if Lisa was done and my heart skipped a beat.

Why? I don't know, maybe it was something that I ate.

Lisa was easy on the eyes, she didn't need to do her hair or make-up for people to notice her, but my goodness, seeing her dolled up made me feel like a potato next to her.

"Lalisa, is it?" Nayeon asked.

Lisa nodded her head.

"Have you ever thought of becoming an actress? I'm almost 100% sure that your looks could rival even some of the actresses in the industry now."

Lisa blushed, "Thank you, but my girl will always be at the top, right Jennie?" She looked at me in the mirror.

It was my turn to blush and my mouth apparently couldn't form any words so I just nodded my head.

Sorn gasped, "Oh my gosh, are you guys dating!?"

Lisa nodded with a smile.

"That is so cute!"

"Trust me, I can't believe it either." I said quietly.

I saw Lisa raise an eyebrow at me before Nayeon announced that she was done. Lisa stared at herself in the mirror and smiled at both Nayeon and Sorn, "Wow, you guys are miracle workers."

Nayeon made a face, "Hardly. We barely did anything." They both moved to leave our dressing room but Sorn stuck her head back in, "I'm so happy for you guys." she winked. Then it was just Lisa and me in the room alone. Ever since she moved in, we've never been alone and it was a little awkward.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable with that comment." she apologized. "Alison told me to lay it on thick today."

I cleared my throat, "No, you did the right thing. Sorry, I'm still trying to get comfortable with it." I handed her the paper, "I think we should get our stories straight about how we met."

I watched as she read the questions, "We can say we met at the bar. It's not really a lie." she said her eyes still on the paper.

"But it's not the whole truth." I finished for her. "I like it."

She smiled before turning her attention back to the paper.