29

Lisa

"It's nice to finally meet you," Irene Bae shook my hand with such eagerness that I thought she was going to yank my shoulder off. She was just one of the many celebrities Jennie introduced to me tonight. I wasn't even sure how many of them I've met tonight but I seemed to have made a good impression.

"Wow, I've watched all your movies." I gushed. "I can't believe that you're talking to me right now."

She waved her hand dismissively and laughed, "You and Jennie are so alike, it's adorable."

I felt Jennie tense next to me so I held her hand and smiled in an attempt to comfort her, but I think I only made it worse.

"But please, just call me Irene." She smiled.

I couldn't believe the renowned Irene Bae wanted to be friends with me. Then again, here I was apparently dating Jennie Kim.

"You and Jennie have to come over for dinner sometime. My husband is an amazing cook." Irene grinned.

"Of course, we'd love to." Jennie finally spoke. "If you'll excuse us, Irene, we're just going to make our rounds."

Irene put her hands up, "You want to show your girlfriend off, I don't blame you." She held up her flute of champagne, "Enjoy the party."

I looked over at Jennie who looked like she was on edge so I leaned in and whispered, "Are you ok? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Jennie blinked, "Yeah, I'm just tired, I guess."

I suddenly felt bad, "We can skip the rest of the party if you want.'

She shook her head, "No, I think I'm just going get some fresh air. I'll be right back." She gave me a small smile before she walked away.