139

The boat floated on the water, and the fireflies gradually hid in the depths of the forest.

The young girl leaned on the young man's shoulder and unknowingly fell asleep. The boatman stood up from the bow and was about to speak when Xiao Jue shook her head slightly. The boatman understood and did not wake her up. He did not paddle and let the boat float.

Xiao Jue just sat there and looked at the water. The water was calm, and occasionally the wind swept past, creating layers of ripples. He turned his head and looked at the young girl sleeping on his shoulder. She was not like ordinary girls who liked to be beautiful. She slept without caring about her image. There were traces of tears on her lips, and she even drooled.

He turned his head away in disgust and looked at the water in the distance. Not long after, he lowered his head and smiled helplessly.

In the end, he did not push her away.

He Yan rarely had a good night's sleep, and vaguely had a beautiful dream. But as for what the dream was, he forgot when he woke up.

When he opened his eyes, he found himself lying on the soft bed on the boat, covered with a thin layer of mattress. She sat up and saw Xiao Jue sitting at the bow. She called out, "Young Master!"

He looked back at He Yan and said, "Wash up, it's time to go back."

He Yan was surprised for a moment, and then he found out that they had stayed at the Falling Firefly Spring for an entire night. The surrounding fireflies had all left, and only their boat was left. He Yan yawned and used the clean water on the boat to wash up. When he combed his hair, because Cui Jiao and Hong Qiao were not around, he randomly tied his hair into a man's bun.

She washed up and came out of the bow, and heard the boatman talking to Xiao Jue, "Young Master, go directly to the spring. Walk a few steps forward and there is a relay station. You can hire a carriage at the relay station. Young Master and Miss can take the carriage back. The canal does not allow fireflies to pass during the day. "

Xiao Jue paid the money to him and walked to the shore. She said to He Yan, "Let's go."

He Yan also thanked the boatman and quickly went to the shore.

It was early in the morning, and the wide leaves of the grass and trees were covered with sparkling dew, bringing with it some cold morning dew. He Yan yawned again and asked Xiao Jue, "Commander in Chief, did I fall asleep last night? Why didn't you wake me up? Why did you stay here all night? "

Xiao Jue sneered, "I wonder who was the one who snored so loudly last night that no one could wake her up."

"Are you serious?" He Yan was suspicious. "Are you lying to me?"

"I'm not you."

As the two of them chatted, they didn't get far before they saw a relay station, just as the boatman had said. There was also a noodle shop next to the relay station. The lady boss was cooking noodles in a big iron pot, and the aroma assailed his nostrils.

He Yan didn't eat much in the morning, so he was already hungry. He said, "Let's eat something first before taking the carriage." Without waiting for Xiao Jue to reply, he waved to the lady boss and said, "Two bowls of noodles and a tray of steamed buns."

She had a good appetite, so she pulled Xiao Jue to a table outside the straw hut and sat down. The steamed buns that had just come out of the oven were steaming hot. He Yan held them in his hands and blew on them to cool them down.