149

When He Yan returned to the room, the lights were still on. The two maidservants were lying on the side of the room, playing with a flower rope. When they saw He Yan, they quickly stood up and greeted, "Madam."

He Yan whispered, "It's nothing. You can sleep. I'm going to rest. Is Young Master asleep? "

Cui Jiao shook her head, "Young Master has been reading."

He Yan nodded, "I know. You should rest early too."

She pushed the door open and entered the room. Xiao Jue was sitting at the table, flipping through a long scroll in his hand. He was only wearing his inner garment. The snow-white garment hung loosely on his shoulders, revealing his jade-like skin. His collarbone was thin and as beautiful as the moon.

He Yan closed the door and walked to his side. "Governor?" he asked.

Xiao Jue only raised her eyes and glanced at her indifferently without saying a word.

"I thought you were asleep." He Yan removed the whip from her waist and hung it on the wall. The colorful tassel hanging from the handle of the whip swayed with her movements. The red pomegranate flower was even more exquisite and very eye-catching. Xiao Jue's gaze fell on the colorful tassel.

He Yan saw that Xiao Jue was looking at it, so she took off the whip and handed it to him, "What do you think? Commander, does it look good? This is a gift from Fourth Young Master Chu. "

"Chu Zilan is so generous." Xiao Jue narrowed her eyes and said calmly, "It's such an expensive gift. He doesn't think it's a waste to give it to you."

"Expensive?" He Yan asked curiously, "Fourth Young Master Chu said that this pomegranate flower is fake jade and isn't worth much. I accepted it because he said so. "

"Oh." He raised his eyebrows and said mockingly, "He's very considerate."

"Is it really that expensive?" He Yan was a little uneasy, "Then I'll return it to him tomorrow." If there were any unclean things in the future, such as money, it was better to be clear about it.

Xiao Jue said, "Just accept it. Don't you like him very much?"

He Yan was shocked. "Do I like him?" Why didn't she know?

"I didn't want to meddle in your business, but I still have to remind you." The young man's eyebrows were unbelievably handsome under the light. His eyes were dark and deep, with a hint of inexplicable coldness. "Chu Zilan is Xu Jingfu's son-in-law. If you don't want to die, stay away from him."

Xu Pingting was the apple of Xu Jingfu's eye. She seemed to like Chu Zilan. Lin Shuanghe had told her about it before. But what did it have to do with her? Not to mention whether she liked Chu Zhao or not, Chu Zhao was such a refined and polite person. He would definitely not like a woman who sat cross-legged on the bed and practiced boxing.

Xiao Jue was worried for nothing.

"Commander in chief, I think you're too anxious about Fourth Young Master Chu. You're even prejudiced against me." She squeezed to Xiao Jue's side and bent down to look at the scroll in Xiao Jue's hand. "It's so late. What are you looking at?"

Xiao Jue ignored her. He Yan stood behind him and craned his neck to look. After a while, he said, "It's a military defense map! What do you think? Do you see any problems? "

"The way you speak," Xiao Jue said calmly, "makes it sound like you're the commander in chief."

He Yan immediately withdrew his hand from his shoulder and moved a stool to sit beside him. He said, "I'm just too concerned. The Uto will soon know that Princess Meng Ji has been evacuating the citizens of Jiyang City these past few days. Once the Uto receive the news, they will soon mobilize their troops. " He Yan had a headache. "But there are too few soldiers in Jiyang City. Since the Uto dared to attack the city, they must have brought no less than 100,000 soldiers."