226

He Yan walked in front of Xiao Jue. Xiao Jue glanced at her and frowned. "Why are you wearing such thin clothes?"

"It's too hot." He Yan clenched his teeth and swallowed his blood. He cursed Chi Wu in his heart, but he still pretended as if nothing had happened. He fanned himself with his hand and said, "I don't know why, but I keep feeling a little hot."

Xiao Jue was about to take off her cloak, but He Yan quickly stopped her. "There's really no need. If I feel cold, I'll go back and get another set of clothes. The reason why I'm wearing this is because it's too hot. Haven't you heard Lin Shuanghe talk about it? Sometimes people feel hot. If you wear too much, it won't dispel the stuffiness in your body. It's easy to get sick. "She made up a story.

Xiao Jue stared at her suspiciously.

He Yan grabbed her arm. "Alright, don't worry about what I wear. Let's go to the East Market first. I'm afraid we'll miss out on some interesting places."

In Shuo Capital, the markets were prosperous. They were divided into the East Market, West Market, South Market, and North Market. The most prosperous one was the East Market, which was near the City God Temple.

The East Market was divided into the December Market, the Lunar Market, the February Flower Market, the March Silkworm Market, the April Jin Market, the May Fan Market, the June Fragrance Market, the July Treasure Market, the August Osmanthus Market, the September Medicine Market, the October Wine Market, the November Plum Market, and the December Taofu Market.

It was the end of November and the beginning of December. The Plum Market had already closed. There were only a few stalls selling piles of red plum blossoms. The Taofu Market had already opened. Everywhere, there were stalls selling Spring Festival couplets. Everywhere they went, they would see people crowding around, cheering, clapping, and praising. It was very lively.

Because it was almost the end of the year, the lantern market had also started to light up. The streets were brightly lit and filled with people. It was very festive.

He Yan followed Xiao Jue to the entrance of the East Market. He could already feel the bustling crowd.

"It's too lively." She looked up at the colorful lanterns hanging above her head and couldn't help but exclaim. "This is my first time visiting a night market."

"First time?" Xiao Jue turned to look at her.

He Yan nodded. "That's right. In the past, I couldn't come to places with so many people, so as to avoid exposing myself. Every year, when the He family's younger generation went to the night market together, I was especially envious. When I was in Jiyang City, I felt that Jiyang City's night market was really fun. I didn't expect Shuo City's night market to be so good. So beautiful! "

Her eyes were filled with excitement and joy. She had lived two lifetimes, but at this moment, she was as happy as a child. The night market was not a place that only the rich and powerful could come to. Ordinary people could come here to have fun, but this was the first time for this person.

Many things that ordinary people took for granted were forbidden to her.

The young man looked at the girl beside him with a gentle and tender gaze. The next moment, He Yan had already pulled his sleeve and squeezed in front of a candy man.

"Candy man!" He Yan exclaimed happily. "I still remember when I was young, I couldn't go to the night market. I craved it so much that I asked Eldest Aunt to get someone to buy one for me. I couldn't bear to eat it, so I put it in a pen holder. In the end, it melted everywhere." She turned to look at Xiao Jue. "Xiao Jue, do you want to eat it? I'll buy one for you. What do you want? Is this qilin pretty? Or do you prefer phoenixes? "