173

Inside the Rundu, there was a burst of cheers. Under the city gate, the soldiers were overjoyed when they saw the ground full of arrows that they couldn't even finish using their carriages.

The Uto's arrows were sharper and stronger than Da Wei's arrows. Now, they could obtain tens of thousands of arrows without any effort. No one expected such a thing to happen. Borrowing the arrows was secondary. The most important thing was that the grievances they felt from being attacked by the Uto all these days were swept away. The Uto had set them up, and this time, they made the Uto suffer such a big loss. They were speechless.

"They're just a bunch of boorish people who only know how to use their strength!" Zhao Shiming stroked his beard and said with a smile, "They don't know how to use their wits."

He looked at the young man who was walking at the front and jogged to catch up with him, "This time, it's all thanks to Xiao He!"

'Xiao He's already called' Xiao He '? He Yan smiled, "If everyone in the city didn't work together to make so many scarecrows, I wouldn't be able to do this alone."

Zhao Shiming's impression of this young man became even better. He thought to himself, 'No wonder he was promoted to an official at such a young age. He didn't steal the credit nor was he arrogant. His temper is much better than Li Kuang's.' He asked, "Then what do we do next?"

He Yan turned to look at the old man, then looked at the people around her. The soldiers around her were also staring at her with burning eyes. When she first arrived at the Rundu, she only felt that the city was lifeless. Everyone was just waiting for death to come. Now, only one night had passed, and there was something called 'hope' in their eyes.

Hope was always very precious.

"I will discuss the next plan with Lord Li. However, there's one thing that I need your help with, Lord Zhao." He Yan said.

Zhao Shiming quickly smiled and said, "Of course, of course. Xiao He, please say it."

"For this matter, I still need to trouble all the craftsmen in the city." She lowered her eyes, "Help me make a mask. The sooner the better."

In the hall, Li Kuang turned around and looked at the two people in front of him. Yi Luo stood behind Li Kuang and stared at the beautiful woman in the room.

Ying Xiang handed over the token and scroll. Li Kuang took them and looked at them before saying to Chu Zhao, "So it's Fourth Young Master Chu."

The name 'Fourth Young Master Chu' was much more famous than the Wu An Lang who had come that day. After all, he had a father who was known throughout the country for being a playboy, and a teacher who was powerful enough to overturn the imperial court. He was also born handsome and gentle. It was hard not to notice such a person in the crowd.

"Lord Li, my young master was trapped in the Rundu on his way back to Shuojing. Now that the situation in the Rundu is like this … the Prime Minister has ordered us to ask Lord Li to escort my young master out of the city?"

When Yi Luo heard this, he let out a sigh of relief. This woman was so beautiful. If she stayed in the Rundu, it would be unsettling. What if Li Kuang took a liking to her and took her as his concubine? She couldn't give up her position as the most favored concubine.

Li Kuang looked at Chu Zhao and said, "It's not difficult."

No matter how dissatisfied he was, he had to give face to Xu Jingfu. Li Kuang couldn't help but think of He Yan. In this world, people were different. He Yan was far away in Liangzhou, but because he was worried about the Rundu, he traveled thousands of miles to live and die with the Rundu. On the other hand, Chu Zilan was in the Rundu, but he wanted to escape unscathed and leave as soon as possible.