211

In the next two days, He Yan waited for news from the Xu Family's Fu Wang. Unfortunately, he didn't know if it was because Xu Zhiheng was also searching for Qin momo's whereabouts, but Fu Wang's search didn't go smoothly. At the same time, on the night that He Yan and Xiao Jue met Lady Fan, there really was someone who snuck into the prison to silence them.

Because of Xiao Jue's reminder, Official Liu increased the number of guards in the prison. The assassin didn't succeed, but the jailers weren't able to catch the masked assassin. Even so, Lady Fan was still crazy. Official Liu didn't dare to lightly punish her. The Fan Family and the servant girl who tried to commit suicide were still being investigated, so the case was at a standstill.

He Yan was assassinated that day in the streets. After the city guards arrived, many citizens gathered their courage and came to watch. He Yan revealed his identity, so this matter couldn't be hidden. The next day, everyone in Shuo Jing knew that Xiao Jue's fiancée, Marquis Wu An, had been assassinated in broad daylight. Fortunately, her skills weren't bad and she managed to escape. For a time, the number of citizens in Shuo Jing who went out at night greatly decreased. They were afraid that they would encounter bandits wandering outside.

Before everything was investigated, the people in Shuo Jing would only think that it was "bandits."

In the Crown Prince's residence, beautiful servant girls were playing the zither and dancing.

The Crown Prince's indulgence in Guang Yan's sensual pleasures wasn't something that happened in a day or two. Although the Crown Princess was angry, she couldn't do anything. She focused all of her efforts on herself and hoped that she would give birth to a grandson soon so that the Crown Prince's position would be more stable. Unfortunately, the Crown Princess's stomach didn't live up to expectations. Ever since she entered the Crown Prince's residence, there had been no news. The Guang Yan was dissatisfied with the Crown Princess and became more and more impudent. Now, in the entire residence, there was no one who could discipline him.

Today, the Crown Prince hosted a banquet and invited Prime Minister Xu. Chu Zhao was also present.

"Ever since Imperial Father bestowed the marriage, I haven't had the chance to congratulate Zi Lan." The Crown Prince looked at Chu Zhao and smiled. "This time, Zi Lan has fulfilled her wish and strengthened her marriage with Prime Minister Xu. It is a wonderful thing. Congratulations. "Finished speaking, he raised the wine cup in his hand to Chu Zhao.

Chu Zhao hurriedly picked up the cup in front of him and repeatedly said that he didn't dare. Then, he drank the wine in the cup.

"Now that Xiao Huaijin has returned to the capital," Guang Yan sighed. "The emissary of the Wutuo Kingdom will enter the capital in a few days. Xiao Huaijin would certainly do everything possible to obstruct the opening of the market in Great Wei. But now that most of the people in the court are on our side, ben gong isn't worried. "After a pause, a trace of ruthlessness flashed through the crown prince's eyes." Ben gong is worried about Lao Si. If Xiao Huaijin joins Fourth Brother … "

In the imperial court, although Guang Shui did not have as many connections as Guang Yan, and Concubine Lan's family was not as powerful as Empress Zhang's, they had a natural advantage that they did not have — Emperor Wen Xuan's favor.

Emperor Wenxuan doted on Guang Shuo, and several old and smelly pieces of hard Shi Tou in the imperial court also secretly supported the Fourth Prince's Guang Shuo.

"The Fourth Prince is mediocre. You don't have to worry, Your Highness," Minister Xu said with a smile.

"That kid is useless, but …" The Crown Prince narrowed his eyes. "He's always an eyesore."