216

The moonlight shone on the snowy ground. In the flowing light and shadow, the two of them stood facing each other.

There was no need to hide.

He Yan's gaze fell on the Autumn Drinking Sword in her hand. At this moment, she realized how heavy the sword was. It was so heavy that she almost couldn't hold it anymore.

"When did you find out?" She asked softly.

"I found He Wanru's wet nurse," Xiao Jue replied.

He Yan suddenly looked up at him.

His expression was as calm as ever, as if what he said was just a trivial matter. Thousands of complex emotions surged in her heart. Bitterness, panic, nervousness, and finally, they all turned into a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry," He Yan tried to make herself look more relaxed, "I didn't mean to lie to you."

But why did she lie? Even she couldn't come up with an acceptable reason.

Xiao Jue bent down to pick up the broken sword on the ground. The sword in his hand had been cut in two by He Yan's Autumn Drinking Sword.

He Yan quietly watched his movements. When he bent down and stood up, he said, "You already know everything?"

"More or less." Xiao Jue's gaze was calm, "You are Xu Zhiheng's deceased wife, and He Rufei who wears a mask."

When the words "deceased wife" came out of his mouth, He Yan's heart shook violently. It was as if the secret that she didn't want to be discovered had been exposed. For no reason, she looked a little embarrassed. She had been brave all her life and never feared facing thousands of troops on the battlefield. Only when she faced this person in front of her did she have the thought of retreating.

But she couldn't run away. Since she had been discovered, she had to face it. No matter if it was a past full of conspiracies and schemes, or a future with no path ahead.

"That's right," He Yan said, "I am He Yan, and He Rufei, your classmate."

Xiao Jue's eyes moved slightly. After a moment, he asked, "How did you become the daughter of the military officer at the city gate?"

"If you've already found Mother Qin, you should already know how I died." He Yan smiled bitterly and looked at the icicles hanging from the trees not far away. The icicles were like teardrops, hanging from the branches. "After I died, when I woke up again, I was already 'He Yan' now."

"Maybe God took pity on me and gave me another chance." He Yan shrugged. "Even if I told you about the supernatural, no one would believe me. Maybe someone would even think that I was talking nonsense. However, since you've already found me, I think you already believe this matter. "

"Why did you exchange identities with He Rufei?"

He Yan was startled. His eyes, which had always been bright, seemed to be covered by a layer of mist at this moment, giving birth to a bit of confusion.

"Xiao Jue, no one can decide their own fate at birth. It's the same for me. When I could remember, I was already 'He Rufei'. " She slowly said, "I only knew that my eldest brother wouldn't live for long. If I didn't become 'He Rufei', the title of nobility of the He Family would be taken away. Therefore, I had to live in the name of 'He Rufei' and live like this for the rest of my life."

"However, at that time, I was too young and didn't want to succumb to this kind of fate. Therefore, I left the He Family and joined the Fuyue Army. I earned military merits and received a reward. I also didn't expect that my eldest brother, who was destined to die young, didn't die and was even safe and healthy. Therefore, when I returned to the capital, everything went back to its original place. He became He Rufei and I became He Yan. This was good. "