264

After Lixia was the Spring Festival. After the Spring Festival, the weather grew hotter and hotter, and it was almost the Dragon Boat Festival.

Marquis Wu An led the Fuyue Army to retake Jiuchuan. Reports of victory came one after another, and the one hundred thousand Utuo soldiers were routed. The remnants fled west and were completely wiped out by the Fuyue Army. At this point, He Yan had led the army for nearly three months, winning the desert and retaking Jiuchuan.

The people of Jiuchuan cheered every day, celebrating this hard-won victory. No one in the Fuyue Army dared to look down on this young Marquis. She had used victory to prove her bravery and intelligence.

He Yan sat in his room, taking inventory of the spoils of war. In this final great victory, they had captured many prisoners and gained many spoils. A deputy general walked in and respectfully said, "Milord, the Jiuchuan City Lord wishes for you to stay until after the Dragon Boat Festival."

The Utuo soldiers of Jiuchuan had no chance to counterattack. Originally, she had planned to immediately return to the capital after taking care of matters here. However, most likely out of gratitude to the Fuyue Army for driving away the Utuo bandits, the people hoped that they could stay for a few more days.

This was especially true for that female general.

On the battlefield, she was awe-inspiring and intimidating, but she was exceptionally patient and pleasant to the common people.

He Yan asked, "How many more days until the Dragon Boat Festival?"

"Five more days," the deputy general replied.

He Yan fell silent. "Fine. After the Dragon Boat Festival, we will immediately depart."

The people who had just experienced the chaos of war needed a bit of hope. If they stayed, they might be able to gain strength and better face the future that was about to begin anew.

Other than fighting, this was the only thing she could do for the people here.

The interior of the room was simple and clean. When the Utuo soldiers had occupied Jiuchuan, they had pillaged and burned everything of value. Even half of the wall of the room she was currently living in had been scorched.

He Yan gazed at the map on the table and sighed almost imperceptibly.

In the end, they had retaken Jiuchuan.

Yunzi and Ji Commandery still had not sent back news, but news from Pingjiang had arrived. It seemed that the situation was going well. The reason Jiuchuan was able to win so quickly was because she had led the army to quell the rebellion in the Western Qiang. Mo County was similar to Jiuchuan in terms of geography, and the Fuyue Army had once stayed in Mo County, which was why she was able to seize it so easily.

He wondered how Yan He and Xiao Jue were doing.

Just as she was thinking, someone came in from outside. It was actually Wang Ba. Wang Ba took out a letter from his bosom and said, "There's a letter from Ji County."

With his brothers dying in battle one after another, Wang Ba had become much calmer. It was hard to see the domineering and arrogant manner he used to have in the Liang Province Guards.

He Yan took the letter and opened it eagerly.

The last time Ji County sent a letter, they only knew that the plague was not optimistic. After such a long time, they did not know how they were doing.

The letter was not long, only a few words. As He Yan read it, his expression became serious.

Wang Ba noticed something was wrong with her expression and asked, "What's wrong? Are those Uto difficult to deal with? "