250

The new year in Shuo capital was a double blessing for the Xiao family, but for some families, it was like adding fuel to the fire.

In the Crown Prince's residence, the Guang Yan sat in his study, his face full of anxiety.

After Xu Jingfu fell, although a portion of the Xu faction went to Chu Zhao, Emperor Wenxuan's revenge was fierce and had lost many of his men. All these years, he did not have much ability and relied on Empress Zhang's family and Prime Minister Xu's connections to stabilize his position as the Crown Prince. Although it was his own decision to abandon the rook to save the king, after making the decision, the Guang Yan regretted it.

In these days, the Guang Yan appeared in front of Emperor Wenxuan very frequently and started to interfere with the matters of the court. Empress Zhang told him not to act rashly at this time. He had been close to Xu Jingfu in the past, and Emperor Wenxuan probably did not like him. Before the limelight passed, it was best to stay in the residence and not do anything.

The Guang Yan agreed, but he was even more anxious inside. If his fourth son took advantage of his absence to say sweet words in front of Emperor Wenxuan … … Who knew what would happen in the future? Now that Xiao Huaijin's power was growing, how could he fall behind at this time?

Just as he was thinking, a servant came in and reported, "Your Highness, someone wants to see you."

The Guang Yan said, "Come in."

The person was wearing servant clothes and did not look very eye-catching, but when he raised his head, one could see that his appearance was slightly different from Wei Ren's.

This was a Uto.

"Your Highness, this servant is here on Lord Maningbu's orders to pass a message to Your Highness."

"Maningbu?" The Guang Yan narrowed his eyes and asked the others in the hall to leave. Then he looked at this person, "Your envoy is still alive?"

After the Heavenly Star Platform, Emperor Wenxuan had ordered people to put all the envoys from Uto under house arrest. Until now, he had not said what to do. The Guang Yan had tried to get someone to send a message to Maninbu, but it was too tightly guarded and they never found a chance. He did not expect Manimbu's men to come knocking on his door.

As if afraid that the Guang Yan would not believe him, the servant stepped forward and showed the Guang Yan the seal in his sleeve.

"If you want me to save your lord, then go back," the Guang Yan said impatiently. "Imperial Father is still angry, this consort doesn't want to add fuel to the fire."

"Your Highness, you haven't been to court recently, so I'm afraid you don't know. The Fourth Prince has been very favored by His Majesty recently, and the courtiers in the court also want to support him."

It would have been better if he hadn't said that. Once he said that, Guang Yan's expression turned ugly. He sneered and said, "How could I not know?"

"Concubine Lan attends to him every day," the servant said in a low voice, "Sir Manimbu asked me to ask His Highness if he's just going to sit and wait for death?"

The Crown Prince slammed the teacup in front of him against the wall with a bang. "Shut up!"

He was furious. Emperor Wenxuan favored the Concubine Lan more than just a day or two. The Guang Yan knew that if he was not the eldest son, if Emperor Wenxuan did not have to worry about public opinion, he would have already made the Guang Yan the Crown Prince. It was all because the Guang Yan was Concubine Lan's son, that b * tch!

"Indecisiveness will only lead to trouble, Your Highness."

The Guang Yan looked at the servant. "What do you mean?"