209

After leaving the Xu Estate, He Yan went straight back to the He Estate.

He Sui and He Yunsheng hadn't returned yet. He Yan took out a small box from under the table. There were a few silver ingots inside. Fu Wang was greedy for money. If there wasn't a huge benefit, he wouldn't dare to take such a big risk for her.

He Yan's gaze gradually became serious.

Xu Zhiheng was probably scared out of his wits. That's why he went to find Mother Qin so quickly. She had to find her before Xu Zhiheng, so she had to bribe him.

Looking at the pitiful silver ingots, He Yan sighed.

Did he really have to make another trip to Le Tong Village?

A luxurious carriage stopped at the entrance of Shi Jinbo's Estate. Servant girls escorted a young miss in.

The Chu Estate's servants hurriedly came out to greet her. "Miss Xu is here."

Xu Pingting held her chin high, lifted her dress, and stepped into the Chu Clan's gate.

When Xu Jingfu occasionally came to the Chu Estate to find Chu Zilan, Xu Pingting would also come along. Everyone in the Chu Estate knew that Xu Pingting was the apple of Xu Jingfu's eye. They didn't dare to slight her.

Madam Chu followed them out. When she saw Xu Pingting, she smiled and said, "Miss Xu is here. Zilan hasn't returned yet. Please sit in the main hall and drink some hot tea. You can wait for Zilan to come back."

Xu Pingting glanced at Madam Chu and snorted as a response.

Her actions were very rude, but Madam Chu didn't get angry. She still had a smile on her face as she went out to instruct the servant girls to make some snacks. Xu Pingting looked at her busy figure and smiled in satisfaction.

Shi Jinbo's wife was born with an unattractive appearance. This wasn't a big deal. In the Shuo Capital, there were many women without good looks. However, she had married a handsome man like Chu Linfeng. When the two were compared, it naturally became a joke. Chu Linfeng was also a man who lusted after beauties. He brought concubines into the manor one by one. He brought a total of nineteen concubines into the manor, all of whom were outstanding beauties. In this way, Madam Chu looked even more pitiful.

However, no one dared to look down on Madam Chu. In this manor, other than Chu Zhao, no concubine could give birth to Chu Linfeng's child. Xu Pingting had also heard from Xu Jingfu that Chu Zhao's position in the household was awkward. Since she was in love with Chu Zhao, she had to stand on the same side as Chu Zhao against a common enemy. Therefore, every time she came to the Chu Residence, she had to make things difficult for Madame Chu, the official mother, so that she could avenge Chu Zhao.

It was the same today.

Madam Chu had a maid bring in snacks and tea. Chu Linfeng wasn't in the manor at this time. Madam Chu smiled and said, "I haven't seen Miss Xu in a while. Ever since His Majesty granted the marriage, I've been very happy to hear that Miss Xu is going to marry our Zilan. In the Shuo Capital, only Miss Xu is worthy of Zilan's attention. "

Who didn't like to hear compliments, especially compliments about Chu Zilan's love for her? Xu Pingting was a little proud when she heard that. She said, "Of course. No other woman is worthy of Brother Zilan."

Madam Chu smiled and took a sip of tea. Her gaze landed on the maid behind Xu Pingting, Mo Tai.

Xu Pingting noticed her gaze and said unhappily, "Why are you looking at my maid?"

"I'm looking at how pretty Miss Xu's personal maid is." Madam Chu gently stroked her hair and said unhurriedly, "After you and Zilan get married, Ying Xiang, who is by Zilan's side, is also not bad. When you walk out, you will be a family of beauties."