269

Among the crowd, the man in the green robe with wide sleeves was like a magnificent scene in spring, making the night seem gentler.

He Yan never thought that he would meet Chu Zhao here.

His face was gentle and elegant, and his expression was as gentle as ever. Compared to many years ago, he had become thinner. However, there seemed to be something missing between his eyebrows. He was like a pearl that had lost its brilliance, silent and peaceful.

He Yan walked two steps towards him. After standing still, he asked, "Fourth Young Master Chu … Why are you here?"

After the Crown Prince was punished and the Fourth Prince ascended the throne, there was no news of Chu Zhao. It was said that someone had seen him outside the city and guessed that he had left Shuo Jing. After Emperor Zhaokang ascended the throne, he intended to clean up Xu Jingfu's old subordinates. Naturally, the Chu family was one of the families that were suppressed. In these years, the Chu family had almost declined. Chu Linfeng had even dismissed his nineteen concubines and relied on Madam Chu's family to survive. As for Chu Zhao, everyone gradually forgot about him.

After all, Prime Minister Xu seemed to be a name from a long, long time ago.

The handsome and brave youths of the capital emerged year after year. In the dreams of the women of the Great Wei, the two brothers of the Xiao family had already married and had children. The Fourth Young Master of the Chu family, who was like an orchid, was also like a beautiful dream in a wild valley. After appearing briefly, he disappeared into the river of time.

However, he appeared again at this moment. In an instant, He Yan felt as if he had returned to the Jiyang of many years ago.

Chu Zhao smiled and said, "I have always been in Jiyang."

He Yan was silent.

If he was in Jiyang, it was understandable that no one in the world could find his whereabouts. However, perhaps it was not that the Emperor could not be found. It was better for him to be here.

He Yan could not describe his feelings towards Chu Zhao. Although he was Xu Jingfu's student, he had never really hurt him back then. It was nothing more than different standpoints. He Yan knew that Chu Zhao was quite a scheming person, and was not as harmless as he appeared on the surface. But many years had passed, and the love and hatred had gradually faded. When they met again here, they could not be considered friends, nor could they be considered enemies. They were just … an old acquaintance.

She noticed that the beautiful and charming maidservant was no longer by Chu Zhao's side. She had already expected this. She paused for a moment before she asked, "Fourth Young Master Chu, what are you doing in Jiyang now?"

"I opened a calligraphy and painting shop here to make a living," Chu Zhao answered with a smile. "A He? Why did you suddenly come to Jiyang? "

"Her Highness is getting married. My family and I are here to attend the ceremony." He Yan did not hide anything. Mu Xiaolou's wedding was a big event in Jiyang City. Everyone in Jiyang City knew about it.

"Is Military Governor Xiao here too?" he asked.

He Yan nodded.

Chu Zhao smiled and looked at He Yan. The woman in front of him still had a cheerful expression. He had met many people and many women later on, but she was the only one who had such a magnanimous and lively expression. His gaze fell on the sugar tiger in He Yan's hand. He was stunned for a moment before he asked softly, "A He … Does he have a child?"

"Yes," He Yan said, "He has a daughter. She's almost four years old now. Her name is Xiao Yao."

"… Xiao Yao?"