182

When she returned to her room, He Yan lay on her bed, tossing and turning restlessly.

The window was open, and a little wind came in, blowing her awake. The conversation she had with Xiao Jue was still ringing in her ears.

It turned out that on the night she left the He Family to join the army, Xiao Jue had actually come to meet her. It was just a freak combination of circumstances that caused them to miss each other. Once they missed each other, there wouldn't be another chance. Just like how He Yan didn't know that the person who secretly taught him swordsmanship back then was Xiao Jue, the current Xiao Jue wouldn't know that the person he secretly helped back then had changed.

She tried so hard to hide her identity, and so much she wanted to thank him as his classmate back then. It turned out that she and Xiao Jue had so many fateful encounters in both her previous and current lives. It was just that their fates were short, and it just had to happen now …

He Yan sat up, thought for a while, and got off the bed with determination. She walked to the table and lit the oil lamp with a match. Zhao Shiming was a scholar, and the four treasures of the study were placed everywhere in the room. She ground the ink, found a piece of paper, sat down at the table, and started writing slowly.

All the matters in the Rundu were settled in three days. It was also time for Xiao Jue and the others to leave.

Before He Yan left, she found Zhao Shiming.

After the Yi Luo incident, He Yan didn't speak to Li Kuang again. Every time she saw Li Kuang, she would think of the sweet girl with dimples on her cheeks when she smiled. She thought that Li Kuang was the same. Every time he bumped into He Yan, he would avoid her gaze.

So there were some things that she didn't want to mention to Li Kuang.

Zhao Shiming was sitting in the room, reading official documents. The Rundu was besieged by the Uto, and the merchants in the city went on strike. Everything was in a mess. Now that the Uto had been defeated and the Rundu had returned to its peaceful state, it would take time to restore its peaceful days.

"Master Zhao." He Yan walked into the room and called out to him.

Zhao Shiming raised his head from the documents. Seeing that it was He Yan, he paused for a moment, then stood up and said with a warm smile, "Xiao He Daren, what brings you here today?"

Zhao Shiming liked He Yan very much. He was a scholar, so he couldn't get along with a boorish man like Li Kuang. As for Xiao Jue and Yan He, one was cold while the other was arrogant. Just looking at them made him fearful. He Yan, on the other hand, was different. He was young, intelligent, brave, kind, and loyal. He was also handsome and elegant. At first glance, one could tell that he was cultured and likable. If it weren't for the fact that his granddaughter was too young, Zhao Shiming would have wanted to recruit this young man as his grandson-in-law.

He Yan smiled and said, "Lord Zhao is too polite. I am here to bid farewell to Mr. Zhao. Tomorrow, I will be returning to Shuo Jing with the Governor. Thank you for taking care of me during my stay in the Rundu. "

Zhao Shiming liked this young man even more. Look at him, he even specially came to bid farewell to him. He was very polite. He smiled and replied, "Xiao He Daren, please don't say that. You are the benefactor who saved the Rundu. This time, I didn't have much to entertain you when I came to the Rundu. Instead, I caused Xiao He Daren to suffer a lot. If Xiao He Daren comes to the Rundu again in the future, I will definitely treat you well. I hope Xiao He Daren won't hold it against me for being rude this time. "

He Yan supported Zhao Shiming's hand that was about to bow and said, "This junior doesn't dare."

He actually addressed him as a junior? Zhao Shiming was stunned. Before he could regain his senses, he saw the young man in front of him looking at him with a solemn expression, "Actually, I came here today to ask for Lord Zhao's help."