225

The military book was still the same as before, and it reminded He Yan of the time when she had just married into the He Family.

But after she became blind, she never took the military book out again. She thought that the book was either never found or burned by Xu Zhiheng. She didn't expect that it would return to her. But how did the book end up in the hands of He Family's second wife?

"What do you think my mother means by giving me this book?" He Yan looked at Xiao Jue, "Could it be that she recognized me?"

Without waiting for Xiao Jue to speak, He Yan immediately shook her head in denial, "That's impossible. Even in my previous life, the number of times I met her could be counted on one hand. What I looked like, my mother probably doesn't even remember clearly, let alone mention it now." She laughed self-deprecatingly, "Why am I starting to let my imagination run wild now?"

But when she recalled the moment when He Family's second wife stuffed the military book into her hands, she vaguely caught a hint of longing and reluctance in her eyes.

How was that possible?

He Family's second wife had another daughter. Compared to her, He Xinying had been with her since she was a child, and she was the real pearl in her mother's palm. Unlike her, she had never even called her 'mother'. He Yan always thought that when facing the He Family, her heart was as hard as iron. But when she rushed into He Family's second wife's room, she saw He Xinying and her mother sleeping on the same bed. Even after she got married, she could still talk to her mother intimately at night. It turned out that she was jealous.

Thinking about it carefully, in her previous life, her family had always been very weak. Her parents were like that, and her husband was like that. Although it was already a matter of her previous life, and although she had people by her side now, there were some regrets that she couldn't make up for in her life. It was like a hole covered by sand, and when the wind blew, it was still empty. It was a shocking sight.

He Yan didn't want Xiao Jue to see her disappointment, so she changed the topic, "However, this military book just solved my urgent problem. He Rufei could also use the excuse that the handwriting had changed after a long time had passed since the handwriting was found in the Xian Chang Dojo. As long as I carefully compare He Rufei's current handwriting, I will be able to find some clues. Moreover … it just so happens that it is a military book. Heaven is helping me. "

Xiao Jue nodded. "The correspondence with Uto will come in handy when the time is right."

"He Rufei must have kept these letters because he was afraid that Uto and Xu Xiang would burn the bridge after crossing the river, so he deliberately hid them in the exquisite box just in case." He Yan pondered. "I really don't know if I should call him cunning or stupid."

It was precisely because of his paranoia that his weakness fell into the hands of others.

"It's not safe for me to keep this." He Yan thought for a while and said to Xiao Jue, "You should keep it. No matter how daring He Rufei is, he won't dare to go to Xiao family and behave atrociously. "

She raised her head and looked at the sky. It won't be long before dawn. Today, she was delayed for a whole night. "I have to go back. When dawn comes, He Rufei will send people to search the entire Shuo capital. I'm afraid that something will happen. "

"I'll send you back."

He Yan nodded. Although she tried to pretend as usual, the matter of Madame He still weighed heavily on her heart. Although at that time, no one knew that she wanted to force Madame He to open the door for her, but who knew if He Rufei would suspect Madame He? Even if she was from the He family … He Rufei was so cruel and merciless to her. So what if she was Madame He? He Yuanliang didn't care about the relationship between father and daughter. How much of the relationship between husband and wife would there be left?