257

On the third day of the second month, the Fourth Prince Guang shuo ascended the throne. The new Emperor inherited the throne and used the Hezong's "Qingyuan" era name.

After Emperor Zhaokang ascended the throne, he rejected the Uto's request for peace and thoroughly investigated the remaining members of Prime Minister Xu's faction. He posthumously conferred the title of Wei Xuanzhang, the owner of the Xianchang Dojo, with the posthumous title of "Wen Zheng". The truth of the Mingshui case was revealed to the world.

Xu Jingfu had controlled the court for so many years and conspired with the Crown Prince to oppress the common people. Now that Emperor Zhaokang had ascended the throne, the Xu faction that followed the Crown Prince naturally would not be spared.

The only exception was probably Xu Jingfu's favorite student, the Fourth Young Master of Shi Jin's household. Not long ago, Emperor Zhaokang allowed Chu Zilan's request to resign. After Chu Zilan resigned, he left the Chu family and disappeared from Shuo capital. It was said that someone had seen him at a relay station outside the city. He most likely left Shuo capital. As for where he went, no one knew. However, no one had seen the beautiful maid by his side.

In the courtyard, Qing Mei was feeding Er Mao a cooked bone.

He Yan looked at the harmonious scene between the two of them and was a little stunned.

"Don't tell me you also want to eat that bone?" Someone beside him asked with a hint of ridicule.

He Yan came back to his senses and saw Xiao Jue walk in from outside. He went out early in the morning. The Fourth Prince … should be called Emperor Zhaokang now. Ever since he ascended the throne, he had frequently summoned him.

He Yan understood the Fourth Prince's plan. There were still some remaining members of the Crown Prince's faction in the court. Xiao Jue and Yan He were people that Emperor Zhaokang had decided to put in important positions.

This should be a good thing, but He Yan felt uneasy.

"Something on your mind?" Xiao Jue raised her eyebrows.

"After the Emperor ascended the throne, the matter seemed to have come to an end." He Yan looked at the sky. "But those Uto probably won't let it go. Since they had planned for so many years and worked together with the Crown Prince and Xu Jingfu, now that the Crown Prince and Xu Jingfu had fallen, how could they be reconciled? You also know that from generation to generation, the time when a new Emperor ascends the throne is the most dangerous time. "

With the change of power, the position was still unstable, especially when the people in the imperial court had different opinions. It was easy for others to take advantage of the loopholes. He Yan had also dealt with those Uto before. No matter how he looked at them, they did not seem like the kind of people who would willingly retreat.

"I know," Xiao Jue said calmly.

He Yan looked at him. "How did the Emperor deal with the Wutuo envoys?"

"Previously, the Crown Prince released those people. Now, some of them have been captured, but the news should have spread to Utuo."

"You mean, they're going to make a move soon?"

Xiao Jue smiled and said, "Not bad."

He Yan sighed silently in his heart. Although she was a general, she did not like fighting. Fighting meant blood and sacrifice, and countless people were separated from their families. Especially at this juncture.

Also …

She looked at the man beside her. The man's gaze fell on the yellow dog that was making a fuss in the courtyard. He smiled slightly.