150

The next morning, He Yan and Xiao Jue had an early breakfast and went to Jiyang City's Martial Arts Practice Field to see the Jiyang City's army. Lin Shuanghe didn't follow them and rested in the Cui Mansion. Liu Buwang continued to track down the whereabouts of those Uto and went out at the same time as He Yan and Xiao Jue.

There were many rivers in Jiyang City, and the city was built on the water. The water cut the flat land into several large and small pieces, so it wasn't easy to find large open spaces. The Martial Arts Practice Field was built close to the Prince's Mansion for no other reason than that there was a large open space here.

When He Yan and Xiao Jue went over, they met Cui Yuezhi. When Cui Yuezhi saw the two of them, he smiled and cupped his hands, "Military Governor Xiao."

As if he could see He Yan's surprise, Cui Yuezhi patted Xiao Jue's shoulder with a smile, "Actually, I started to suspect you the second day you came to Jiyang. Even my concubine could tell that you really don't look like anyone from the Cui Family at all. How could you be my eldest brother's son? It's just that when I brought you into the Prince's Mansion, His Highness often called you in, so he must have known your identities long ago. Since His Highness has plans, I can only pretend to be stupid and not say anything. "

This Cui Yuezhi was quite smart.

He chuckled, but there was a shrewd look in his eyes on his simple and honest face, "If His Highness thinks I'm stupid, then I'll be stupid. There's nothing wrong with being stupid."

He Yan understood that Cui Yuezhi could become Mu Hongjin's confidant not only because he was brave, but also because he was Qing Mei's childhood sweetheart. It was because he was "stupid" at the right time.

With such a simple and honest subordinate, of course, she had to trust him and put him in an important position.

He was a very wise person.

Cui Yuezhi looked at Xiao Jue again, "His Highness told me that all the Jiyang City's army will listen to Military Governor Xiao's command from today onwards." His expression became serious, "His Highness has already told me about the Uto. I will do my best to cooperate with Military Governor Xiao. The citizens of Jiyang City are still under the protection of Military Governor Xiao. "

"Has Your Highness already begun to move the citizens of the city?" He Yan asked.

"From today onwards, it's just that …" Cui Yuezhi sighed, "It won't be easy."

The citizens of the city were used to living here peacefully. When they received news that Jiyang was in trouble and had to evacuate the city, they naturally panicked. The younger ones were still fine. Those who were sick, old, and had no one to take care of them could not leave. How could those who owned businesses and shops in the city be at ease to leave everything behind?

"However," Cui Yuezhi perked up, "I've always heard that General Fengyun is invincible on the battlefield. This Cui has long wanted to meet her. I didn't expect Military Governor Xiao to be so young and handsome. "He was half envious and half amazed." How can there be such a person favored by the heavens in this world? "

He Yan: "…"

This kind of experience of favoritism was probably something that ordinary people couldn't bear.

As he spoke, he had already walked to the side of the training field. As Jiyang City was close to the water and had not fought a war for many years, the soldiers did not have armor. They only wore cloth armor. The cloth armor was green, and each of them held a long spear. It was probably because they did a lot of manual labor that they all looked mighty and powerful. However, He Yan could tell at a glance that their military formation was not lethal. It was like a decorative frame, and it was a somewhat old-fashioned decorative frame.