232

Three days later, Emperor Wen Xuan hosted a banquet at the Heavenly Star Stage.

The Heavenly Star Stage was located on a high platform in front of the palace. Further ahead was the ceremonial stage. Uto's envoy, Manin Bu, had entered the capital. His Majesty had agreed to Uto's request for reparations. On the surface, it was to show the magnanimity of the Da Wei's ruler, but in reality, it was to show the prestige of his country.

This was He Yan's first time attending such an event. Early in the morning, she changed into an official's robe. It was red with flowers and a black belt in the middle. She was not as tall as a man, so the robe was slightly oversized. However, because of her tall stature, it looked elegant in the robe.

Now that everyone in the imperial court knew that she was a woman, she did not need to disguise herself as a man. Qing Mei only lightly drew her eyebrows and applied a thin layer of powder. Her lips were soft and pink, so she did not use any lipstick. Her long hair was tied into a ponytail. It was neat and tidy.

He Yan looked at the woman in the mirror. She was handsome and elegant. She did not disguise herself as a man, nor was she overly delicate. This was the most pleasing to her eyes since her rebirth.

He Yan took a sip of tea from the table and said, "It's almost time. I'll go out first."

Qing Mei asked, "Miss, do you really not want this servant to accompany you?"

"I'm not going to a banquet. Why would I bring you along?" He Yan laughed. "You can wait for me in the residence."

She left the door and got into the carriage.

Xiao Jue did not come to pick him up today. Although they were going to get married soon, before they were married, He Yan was still Marquis Wu An before he became Xiao Jue's fiancée. He had to be clear about business and private matters. It was better not to be too casual on such an occasion.

She did not have any servants by her side. It was rare for someone to go to the Heavenly Star Stage alone like her. The carriage had been arranged yesterday. When they arrived near the Heavenly Star Stage, He Yan got off the carriage and walked towards the Heavenly Star Stage alone.

There were already some officials who had arrived first. Those who knew each other exchanged greetings and reminisced about the past. He Yan didn't know many people. As he stood there, suddenly someone's excited voice sounded: "Sister He!"

He Yan was stunned. He turned around and saw Lin Shuanghe running over.

He Yan was also dressed very formally today. If he didn't speak, he would look like a talented young man in the imperial court. He Yan asked curiously, "Brother Lin, why are you here? Isn't it said that only officials can be here … "

"My grandfather and father are both here," Lin Shuanghe said disapprovingly: "The Empress Dowager likes me, so she let me come and join in the fun."

Young Master Lin came in through the back door again.

Lin Shuanghe looked at He Yan from head to toe, his eyes sparkling. "Younger Sister He, this is the first time I've seen you in your official uniform. Beautiful! Our Huaijin is really lucky to have found such an outstanding beauty as his wife. "

This person always praised without thinking, regardless of whether the other person could accept it or not. He Yan interrupted his flattery. "I haven't seen Brother Lin in a long time. What has Brother Lin been busy with?"

"Don't say anymore," Lin Shuanghe said with a bitter face. "I've only left Shuo Jing for a year and a half, but there have been a lot of women coming to Shuo Jing to find me. Ever since I came back, I've been seeing patients every day. Did Sister He not notice that I'm so tired that I've lost weight? "