256

In one night, the world had changed hands.

The Guang Yan had killed his father and tried to usurp the throne. The Fourth Prince, Guang Shui, brought along Guide Zhonglang to arrest and convict him. Before Emperor Wenxuan passed away, he had already written an imperial edict to change the crown prince. After entering the imperial mausoleum, the coronation ceremony was held as usual, but the person who ascended the throne was no longer a Guang Yan but a Guang Shui.

No one in the imperial court dared to object.

Guang Shui's way of doing things was completely different from his magnanimous appearance. He was decisive and ruthless. When he was capturing the Guang Yan last night, he had already captured all of the Guang Yan's trusted aides. The Guang Yan army was not strong to begin with. If it was because of Xu Jingfu, they still had the support of the He family, but after He Rufei's accident, the Fuyue Army's military power was taken back and could not be used by the Crown Prince.

Guang Shuo's actions were swift and decisive, causing people to feel a chill down their spines. The courtiers discussed fervently. The Fourth Prince's imperial aura was beginning to show.

As for the previous Emperor's edict ordering people to be buried with him, it was also found to be fake. Concubine Lan, Ni Guiren, and dozens of other women were able to keep their lives. When the news reached the ears of the commoners, they all said that the Fourth Prince was benevolent and wise.

The commoners never cared who sat on the throne. As long as they had clothes to wear and food to eat, it did not matter who was the Emperor.

The courtiers also did not object. Currently, in the Da Wei imperial family, the Fifth Prince, Guang Ji, was still young. The only person who could hold the fort was Guang Shui.

Emperor Wenxuan entered the imperial mausoleum. In Qinglan Palace, Concubine Lan took off her heavy ceremonial robe. Just as she sat down, someone walked in from outside.

It was Ni Guiren.

"Congratulations, Elder Sister, for getting what you wanted." Ni Guiren walked to the small table and sat down. She put on a fake smile and said, "Soon, this concubine will have to call Elder Sister Empress Dowager."

Concubine Lan looked at her, her eyes as gentle and calm as before. "Noble Lady Ni, aren't you still alive?"

Noble Lady Ni was stunned.

That day, Wei Xuanzhang had killed himself in front of Chengle Palace, causing the conflict between the Crown Prince and Da Wei to reach its peak. The Crown Prince was so violent and paranoid, and she was going to follow Emperor Wenxuan into the dark tomb tomorrow. In the end, Noble Lady Ni cooperated with Concubine Lan.

Guang Ji's words were false, so the edict of succession might not be true. At the end of the day, all the Guang shuo wanted was an excuse, a legitimate excuse.

In actuality, at that time, Noble Lady Ni was also determined to fight with her back to the river. She thought that since she was going to die anyway, she might as well give it her all. But deep down, he did not think that Guang shuo would succeed.

However, Guang shuo succeeded.

It was said lightly, but after a short night, Noble Lady Ni finally realized that if it had been a last-minute idea, if Guang shuo had only fought for his mother, he might not have been able to win over Guide General and General Fengyun in such a short time.

Concubine Lan had probably foreseen what had happened in the Throne Room last night many years ago.

Thinking deeper, perhaps Concubine Lan was not completely unaware that Emperor Wenxuan had died at the hands of the Guang Yan.