176

He Yan smiled and looked at her: "Is it because I saved those captives that I'm a true hero?"

"A true hero will see things that others can't. There are many men who speak up for men, and there are many women who speak up for women. "Yi Luo said:" But there aren't many men who will speak up for women. "

He Yan looked at her serious expression and couldn't help but smile bitterly in his heart. But she wasn't a real man, so she couldn't really give Yi Luo what she wanted.

This was the way of the world. It wasn't something that could be changed in a short period of time.

Seeing that He Yan was silent, Yi Luo took the opportunity to say: "Lord Xiao He, after you left last night, many aunties in the city came to ask me about you. The county magistrate's wife also asked about you. They all said that if you could come back alive, they would like to tell you about their daughter. She doesn't have to marry you. She can be your concubine. "

He Yan couldn't react in time. Facing Yi Luo's hopeful gaze, He Yan could only use his usual excuse: "Thank you for your love, but I already have a sweetheart."

"You already have a sweetheart?" Yi Luo was a little disappointed, but soon became curious: "Who is Lord Xiao He's sweetheart? Is she beautiful? What kind of person is she? "

He Yan's mouth curved into a smile: "Yes, she is very beautiful. Her temperament seems very cold, but she is a very gentle person."

This young man had always looked calm and gentle, but at this moment, he really showed the shyness and nervousness of a young man his age.

Yi Luo was even more curious: "From what you said, this girl should be very outstanding. Then does she like you? "

He Yan was stunned and shook his head.

"She doesn't like me?" Yi Luo was shocked. "Xiao He is skilled, handsome, and kind-hearted. Furthermore, he was personally conferred the title of Mu An Lang by His Majesty. Why is he not fond of such a person?"

He Yan shrugged, "Because he's good, and there are people better than me around him. And I have my own things to do, so I don't want to implicate others."

Beautiful Silk looked at him and giggled. "Lord Xiao He, you're good at everything, but this is the only bad thing about you. As long as your sweetheart isn't married yet, it means that things aren't set in stone yet. Then, snatch. Back then, when Master wanted to pick a concubine, there were dozens of sisters in our courtyard. Every day, I would appear in front of Master, and every day, I would dress up meticulously. This concubine was the one who fought for the position of Master's favorite concubine. If Lord Xiao He really likes that lady, then don't bother about anything else. Someone better than you might have a higher status than you, but she just had to lose to you. Honest women are afraid of pestering men. If you pester her day and night, who knows when that lady might fall in love with you. "

He Yan didn't expect to hear the phrase "honest women are afraid of pestering men" here. He thought of Jiyang's anxiousness at that time and secretly laughed. Yi Luo seemed to be very enthusiastic about helping her to win her sweetheart's favor and wanted to talk endlessly. He Yan could only stop her. "Miss Yi Luo, thank you for your good intentions, but right now, we can't even protect ourselves. If the Rundu can be defended and the Uto chased back, I will definitely do as you say. But right now … let's forget about it. "

Hearing this, Yi Luo also sighed and said, "That's true."

She suddenly fell silent and looked gloomy. He Yan felt a little apologetic. This lady was still in high spirits when she came, but after hearing his words, she became so sad. When he thought of this, he took out an apricot from his bag and handed it over. "Don't worry, we will definitely defend this place."