265

On the first day of the 6th month, the tightly shut city gates of Ji County finally opened.

2000 Da Wei soldiers were the first to enter the city and surrender to the Uto soldiers.

After the death of Guide Lieutenant General Yan He, the remaining Yan Family Army was like a sheet of loose sand. They were unable to deal with the attacks launched by the Uto. Now that they had lost and had no reinforcements, it was only a matter of time before they surrendered. The Uto did not suspect anything. The Uto soldiers on both sides of the city gates all held their blades and mocked the weakness of the Da Wei soldiers.

He Yan was hiding in the ranks of the Da Wei soldiers. Her face was covered in dust and her original appearance could not be seen. She was mixed in with the troops.

These two thousand people were all personally selected by He Yan. The majority of them were from the Fuyue Army. There was no other reason. She had not gotten used to the Yan Family Army yet. The Fuyue Army had fought alongside her for a period of time and had a tacit understanding. This time, entering the city would be very dangerous. Nothing could go wrong.

After Yan He's death, the only person who had a say in the Yan Family Army was his lieutenant, Chen Cheng. At the end of the road, Uto General Sha Ji Te saw Chen Cheng walk forward and laughed, "Da Wei is a coward. That's all there is to it!"

Chen Cheng lowered his head and asked, "If my army surrenders to the Uto, can you let my soldiers live?"

"Of course, of course." Sha Ji Te was very muscular and mocked, "Since you have surrendered to the Uto, from now on, you are the Uto. We will not attack our own people!"

"Then, Sir Sha Ji Te, please open the city gates and accept Da Wei's surrender," Chen Cheng replied.

Sha Ji Te's eyes flashed, "Opening the city gates is a small matter. However, the surrendered soldiers must be like you." He pointed at the troops, "Put down their weapons and tie their hands. That is the only way."

He still did not trust Da Wei.

Chen Cheng said, "That is not a problem." He said, "Please allow me to send someone back to explain this matter."

Saget: "Alright!"

Chen Cheng walked to the side of a soldier and whispered a few words into his ear. The soldier nodded and turned to walk towards the city gate. Halfway through, a Uto standing at the side suddenly nocked an arrow and shot it through the chest of the soldier who went back to pass the order.

The soldier didn't even have time to cry out before he fell to the ground and stopped moving. Chen Cheng was furious. "What's going on? Didn't you tell him to go back and pass on the order? "

"You're all captives now. How dare you raise conditions with us?" The Uto who was holding his bow said with disdain, "If you spout any more nonsense, I'll kill you as well!"

Shargit smiled and said, "Why are you angry? He's just an ordinary soldier. Can't you just send another person?"

Their attitude was clearly to provoke Da Wei's soldiers. He Yan knew that something was wrong. Before he could say anything, a soldier from the Yan Family charged towards the Uto in front of him and shouted, "I'd rather die than be humiliated. Let's fight them to the death — —"

He Yan sighed in his heart.

The style of a general would affect the actions of the entire army. Yan He was direct and courageous, and the soldiers under him were the same. They could not be provoked. Now, all their previous preparations were useless.

But so what?

The soldiers in front of him had already exchanged blows with the Uto. Before they entered the city, they had already taken off their weapons. Now, they could only snatch the blades from the enemy's hands with their bare hands.