202

He Yan was still in a daze when they boarded the carriage to leave the palace.

Fei Nu was an honest person. She silently drove the carriage while the young man sat beside her. The jade pendant in her hand was originally cold to the touch. Now that she held it tightly, it seemed to be burning hot.

Xiao Jue's gaze fell on her hand. She raised her eyebrows and asked, "Do you want to crush it?"

He Yan's strength was trained by throwing stone weights in the martial arts field. Crushing a walnut with her bare hands was not a problem. It was not impossible for her to crush this piece of jade. She was startled and unconsciously spread her hands. She did not know what to do.

This was a dual-colored jade bestowed by the Empress Dowager. One was given to Xiao Jing and the other to Xiao Jue. It was rumored that it was the family heirloom of the Xiao family. Lin Shuanghe said that this jade pendant never left Xiao Jue's side. She had once stolen it when she was drunk in the Liangzhou Guards. Knowing that it was a rare item, she returned it to Xiao Jue. She did not expect that after so many twists and turns, it would still end up in her hands.

He Yan had never received such a valuable gift. She hesitated and said, "Governor … this is not appropriate for me, is it?"

Xiao Jue took the snake-patterned black jade from her hand. He lowered his head and removed the tassel from He Yan's waist and replaced it with this piece of black jade. His movements were gentle and his expression was careful. His tone was clear and light. "Big Brother gave his piece to Sister-in-law. Since you and I are engaged, I should give it to you."

Engagement …

He Yan's face turned red again.

The words that Xiao Jue had said to her in that abandoned side palace just now, she simply couldn't think about it. If she thought about it, she would feel like she had secretly seen fireworks for the first time after the New Year's Eve dinner. "Boom!" The fireworks flew into the sky and turned into countless dazzling stars in the sky. Even when she lay on the bed at night, she could not fall asleep. She would always remember the beauty of that moment.

He Yan tried to stop herself from thinking about it. She asked, "Are we going back to Xiao Manor now?"

Hearing the word "back", Xiao Jue curled his lips and said, "To your home."

"My home?"

"You're a woman," Xiao Jue lowered her eyes, "No one knew that you lived in the Xiao mansion before, but after today, someone will definitely investigate the He family. If you live in my residence, there will be gossip. "

He didn't care about what other people thought, but He Yan couldn't, and neither could He Sui and He Yunsheng. Nowadays, men and women were not as clear-cut as in the previous dynasty, but if word got out that she was living in another man's residence before she was married, it would not be good for He Yan.

"Right." He Yan nodded. When she thought about returning to the He Family, she felt another headache. He Yunsheng had repeatedly urged her to immediately resign. Now, not only did she not resign, she was also promoted to nobility. Fortunately, he didn't have to worry about the woman's identity being exposed. But for He Sui and He Yunsheng, it should be a big shock.

"Don't worry." Xiao Jue seemed to have seen through her worries and reminded her, "During the celebration banquet, there were already people who went to congratulate the He family in advance. Your father and younger brother should already know. "

He Yan felt relieved.

He Sui and He Yunsheng indeed already knew.

Not long ago, He Yunsheng was still reading in his room. He Sui came back from her employer's home and took some water to take a bath. Qing Mei had just finished washing their clothes when she heard someone knocking on the door.