247

The days from the New Year to the tenth seemed to pass very slowly, but also seemed to pass very quickly. In the blink of an eye, it was the day of He Yan's wedding.

Early in the morning, Xia Chengxiu rushed over in a carriage.

The He Family had very few relatives in the capital. Because of the death of Madam He, they had long lost contact. Afraid that no women would come to help, Xiao Jue asked Yan He to invite Xia Chengxiu over. Of course, Yan He was extremely unwilling, but Xia Chengxiu was easy to talk to and came over early.

She combed He Yan's hair and said with a smile, "Miss He, don't worry. Today, I will dress you up as the most beautiful bride in the capital."

He Yan smiled and said, "It's not that important whether I'm beautiful or not."

"That's true." Xia Chengxiu put down the comb, "As long as Military Governor Xiao thinks it's good, then it's fine."

He Yan couldn't help but feel his teeth ache.

Qing Mei came over with a box and said, "Miss, change into the wedding dress first."

The dress was sent over by the Xiao family yesterday evening. It was a bit late at the time, so He Yan just tried it on and confirmed that it fit. Now that the box was opened, Xia Chengxiu exclaimed in surprise.

He Yan asked curiously, "What's wrong?"

"This embroidery …" Xia Chengxiu gently touched the pattern on it, "It looks like Da Wei's long-lost Wu Zhuang embroidery."

"What's Wu Zhuang embroidery?" Qing Mei was also puzzled.

"It's a cloth shop that was famous for its embroidery skills, but it disappeared later. Back then, the owner's daughter, Ruxing, had uncanny embroidery skills. Even the nobles in the palace rarely had a piece of cloth. " Xia Chengxiu smiled, "Military Governor Xiao found an embroiderer from somewhere to make this wedding dress. It's clear that he put in a lot of effort."

He Yan was slightly startled and took the wedding dress out of the box. Qing Mei helped He Yan get dressed.

The wedding dress had a top and a lower garment, with colorful dragons and phoenixes embroidered on the front. The hem of the long dress was huge, and the corners of the dress were embroidered with fine cloud patterns with golden-red silk thread. It was very charming and beautiful. The wedding veil hung down from the shoulders to the front, with a golden jade pendant hanging from it.

It wasn't easy to put on the clothes and required the help of Xia Chengxiu and Qing Mei. It took them a long time to put them on. At this moment, He Yan had yet to tie up his hair. Qing Mei giggled as she took out the phoenix coronet and pretended to put it on He Yan's head, "Miss, take a look at this first!"

He Yan looked at herself in the mirror. Her phoenix coronet was not like the other aristocratic daughters' coronets, which were made of gold and jade and inlaid with jade. On the contrary, it looked exceptionally small, as if it was made of silk and was as thin as a cicada's wing. It was studded with rubies and pearls. When she wore it on her head, it was as if she was covered in a layer of red clouds. The crystal beads by her ears made her face look exceptionally white and beautiful.

"Miss, you are so beautiful …" Qing Mei looked at her in a daze. She had been by He Yan's side since childhood and knew that He Yan was born beautiful. But now, it was as if the dust on the gemstone had been brushed away. It was so beautiful that people couldn't take their eyes off her.

"Military Governor Xiao is very good at choosing wedding dresses." Xia Chengxiu was also stunned. After a while, he smiled and said, "Among the brides who have been married in the Shuo Capital these years, if we talk about wedding dresses, none can compare to the one Miss He is wearing."