245

Chu Zhao pushed the teacup in front of He Yan. He Yan glanced at the teacup but did not touch it.

"A He and I were friends when we were in Jiyang and Rundu. Why are we so distant now that we're back in Shuojing?" Chu Zhao asked with a smile.

He Yan looked at him. "I heard that Fourth Young Master was seriously injured a few days ago. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Chu Zhao smiled. "But I'm happy that A He is worried about me."

He Yan frowned at him. Why did Chu Zhao's words sound like he was flirting? In the past, when they were in Jiyang Rundu, He Yan only took it as a joke and didn't take it to heart. Now that she and Chu Zhao had each been granted a marriage, even if the marriage between Xu Pingting and him could no longer be held as scheduled, after all, the status of the two of them was still somewhat subtle.

Could it be that he wanted to use her to deal with Xiao Jue? He Yan pondered. The remaining members of Xu Jingfu's faction had not been completely wiped out and it was highly likely that they would join Chu Zhao's faction. In that case, Chu Zhao and Xiao Jue were still rivals. If Chu Zhao wanted to use her to deal with Xiao Jue … Would he use his beauty to trick her? That was too much of a sacrifice.

Seeing He Yan's strange gaze, Chu Zhao paused for a moment. After a while, as if he had seen through her thoughts, he shook his head and laughed. "What is A He thinking about now?"

"Fourth Young Master," He Yan said seriously, "Where did you get Miss He's hairpin?"

"Young Mistress Xu?" Chu Zhao said, "I saw that A He took good care of Young Mistress Xu, so I ordered someone to take her hairpin. This was not a gentleman's action, but I just wanted to see A He." He asked, "A He is very sincere towards Young Mistress Xu."

"The matter between the He and Xu Clans was ultimately caused by me. I happen to have the same name as Miss He's elder sister who passed away. It's fate, so it's only right for me to take care of her. "He Yan answered smoothly.

Chu Zhao took a sip of tea and sighed, "If that's the case, I really envy Miss He."

"What are you jealous of?"

"I envy A He for being so concerned about her."

He Yan: "…"

She now understood that Chu Zhao was clearly flirting with her. Moreover, compared to before, he was flirting with her in an unbridled and open manner.

He Yan lowered her head and looked at her own hands. Was it because she hadn't shown her Kung Fu in front of others for a long time that people had forgotten that her fists could smash Shi Tou into pieces?

"Fourth Young Master, you didn't ask me to come here to talk about this, right?" He Yan asked. "If you have something to say, just say it."

Chu Zhao smiled and restrained his expression for a moment. "A He treats me like an enemy now. Is it because of Military Governor Xiao?"

He Yan looked at him and didn't say anything.

"It's almost the New Year." Chu Zhao looked at her with a gentle gaze. There seemed to be a hint of sadness in his eyes. "A He will be marrying Military Governor Xiao soon."

"Fourth Young Master, do you want to congratulate me?"

Chu Zhao shook his head. "No, I want to ask you … Are you really going to marry Military Governor Xiao?"

He Yan: "… Of course."

"Can you not get married?"

He Yan was simply baffled: "Why not get married?"