148

On the way back, He Yan kept looking at the basket of flowers in Chu Zhao's hands.

The flower basket looked very beautiful. The peddler wrote the two words "Zi Lan" with extra care. His words were elegant and refined, and when placed together with the various fragrances in the basket, they really brought out the best in each other.

"Brother Chu, you must eat it as soon as you get back," He Yan said. "Otherwise, with the weather in Jiyang, it will melt very quickly." She had also bought a qilin-shaped one for herself, but she had already finished it. "I've tasted it. It tastes good, and it's not too sweet."

Chu Zhao smiled gently. "Thank you, A He. I'll be very careful when I get back."

He Yan was finally relieved.

After they bought the sugar paintings, they walked back along the river bank. When there was nothing to talk about, He Yan occasionally asked Xu Zhiheng about his visit.

"Brother Chu, how was it when you went back to attend your friend's wedding? Was it very lively?"

Chu Zhao was slightly startled, but then he smiled and replied, "Yes, it was very lively. After all, she was General Feihong's sister. His Highness the Crown Prince even personally came to congratulate her. "

He Yan was a little suspicious. His Highness the Crown Prince? Did the Crown Prince come to see Xu Zhiheng get married for Xu Zhiheng, He Rufei, or both? Was the Crown Prince also involved in the conspiracy between the He family and the Xu family? Furthermore, did the Crown Prince know her identity?

"But …" Chu Zhao sighed again. "Perhaps Master Xu was deeply in love with his late wife. During the wedding, he even cried."

He Yan said, "Ah?"

Perhaps her face was full of disbelief, but Chu Zhao didn't know whether to laugh or cry. "What's wrong? You don't believe that there are men in this world who are deeply in love? "

He Yan thought to himself. Of course, she believed that there were men in this world who were deeply in love. For example, He Sui, her current father. After Madam He passed away, he raised his two children alone. Lady He was so arrogant and willful. He Sui could spoil the little girl because she looked like his wife. It could be seen that there were people in the world who were deeply in love and had no regrets. But this person could be anyone, and it definitely wouldn't be Xu Zhiheng.

"It's not that I don't believe him." He Yan concealed the ridicule in his eyes and said, "It's just that if he behaves like this, wouldn't his new wife be angry?"

General Feihong and the other members of the He family were all deeply moved. So, although it's lively, it's just that this wedding banquet is a little sad. "

He Yan felt that among the many jokes he had heard this year, Chu Zhao's joke was the funniest. Would the He family be sad for her? If this was said to the pigs in the pigsty, the pigs would feel that their brains had been insulted. But when Chu Zhao talked about this matter, it was obvious that most people thought this way.

If he did something bad, then he did it. But after he did it, he put on a sorrowful and pitiful appearance and pretended to be a pitiful person who was rarely affectionate and righteous. It was really disgusting.

"A He doesn't seem to agree with this one's words?" Chu Zhao paid attention to her expression.

He Yan smiled and said, "It's nothing. I just feel that this Old Master Xu is very interesting."

"What do you mean?"

"If he really is deeply in love and can't forget his wife, even if His Majesty personally bestows the marriage, he can still refuse if he wants to. After all, he's a man. "He Yan lightly mocked," If he's a woman, it's normal for her to be unable to decide her own marriage fate. Brother Chu, you've heard of young masters who snatch by force, you've heard of evil tyrants who force women into prostitution, and you've heard of beastly fathers who sell their daughters for glory. But have you ever heard of a woman who does this? "