258

In the end, Emperor Zhaokang allowed Marquis Wu An and He Yan to lead Feihong's Fuyue Army to Jiuchuan.

Although there were many discussions in the court, they slowly calmed down. Firstly, it was because of the Xiao family, so they did not dare to say anything. Secondly, even if He Yan did not go, there were very few people in the court that could be used. It was better to let Marquis Wu An, who had fought against the Uto, lead the troops.

Yan He led the Yan Family troops to Ji County first. Xiao Jue led the South Mansion troops deep into Yunzi. There was also the slightly older Huwei General who led the troops and the Liang Province Guards to Bingjiang, where the battle situation was slightly better. He Yan led the Fuyue Army to Jiuchuan.

Of the four of them, apart from General Huwei, who was slightly older, the other three were quite young. Especially He Yan. Emperor Zhaokang dared to give them the military power not because he wanted to gamble, but because he wanted to cultivate his own trusted subordinates. Especially He Yan. If he used him well, he might become the next Feihong.

After receiving the command seal, they quickly left the capital. He Yan asked Emperor Zhaokang that when she was in the Liang Province Guards, Wang Ba and the others followed her to Rundu and cooperated with her during the night attack on the enemy camp. He wanted to go to Jiuchuan so that Wang Ba and the others could join the Fuyue Army. Emperor Zhaokang agreed.

After everything was settled, there were only two days left in Shuojing.

Spring thunder rumbled, and it was almost time for Jingzhe. The willow trees had already sprouted new green buds. They hid by the river and dyed the river green.

In the noodle shop opened by Elder Sun in the east of the city, a girl in a blue dress was scooping out the noodles from the iron pot. She was young and could only be considered delicate. When people talked to her, she was a bit shy. She was a quiet and shy girl.

Two young people walked in. The younger one smiled and said, "Two bowls of Yangchun noodles." He handed over some money.

Sun Xiaolan hurriedly wiped her hands with a handkerchief before accepting the money. "Please take a seat inside, it'll be ready soon."

Xiao Mai nodded and winked at her big brother. Shi Tou glared at her as a warning.

The two of them found a table inside and sat down. Xiao Mai asked Shi Tou, "Big Brother, we're going to war soon. This time, we're not going to the Liangzhou Garrison. We're going to fight those Uto for real. Since you like Sister Xiaolan, why didn't you tell her before you left? "

Shi Tou didn't say anything.

"If you don't say it, she's in Shuo Jing City. What if Master Sun arranged a marriage for her?" Xiao Mai looked at her elder brother. "We've been in the Liang Province Guards for so long. Why have you become such a coward?"

Shi Tou shook his head and said in a low voice, "I may not be able to come back alive from Jiuchuan. There's no need to give her hope and waste her time. "

He looked at the busy girl in the blue dress and revealed a rare smile. "If I come back alive, I'll tell her about my feelings …"

Xiao Mai looked at Sun Xiaolan and then at Shi Tou. After a while, she sighed as if she had accepted her fate. "Alright, whatever you say, Big Brother."

The noodles were quickly served. Sun Xiaolan smiled and said, "Please enjoy." Then she quickly left.

Shi Tou looked at them for a long time before withdrawing his gaze.

A light rain gradually fell from the sky, washing the limestone tiles in front of the shop until they were sparkling clean. The noodle shop's girl went to clean up the empty bowls. When she arrived at the table, she saw a pot of peach blossoms in front of the two empty bowls.