203

Just as He Yan was tossing and turning in bed, unable to sleep, Xiao Jue, who had just returned to the Xiao family, bumped into Xiao Jing and his wife, who had been waiting at the door for a long time.

Bai Rongwei didn't even have time to change her clothes. She and Xiao Jue were sitting in the main hall, waiting for Xiao Jue to return. Xiao Jing immediately asked, "Huaijin, what's going on? He Gong … How could Miss be a Miss? "

Xiao family was in a state of turmoil and chaos.

It was already shocking enough that they found out during the banquet that the young master living in their house was a girl. The Emperor even went as far as to grant a marriage. No matter how magnanimous their family was, they couldn't change the fact that Xiao Jue's good friend had turned into his wife. The only thing they were sure of was that Xiao Jue definitely liked Miss He. Otherwise, he wouldn't have said those things in front of all the civil and military officials. Now that they thought about it, everything, such as wanting He Yan to live in his courtyard, always seeming to protect him … were now explained.

They had just explained the same thing to He Sui at the He Family, and now they had to explain it to Xiao Jing. Fortunately, they were family, so Xiao Jue didn't go into too much detail. He just gave a rough summary so that the husband and wife could understand.

Xiao Jing and Bai Rongwei barely understood, and they looked at each other.

Bai Rongwei probed, "Huaijin, do you really like Miss He?"

Xiao Jue calmly said, "If it's fake, then can the Xiao family go against the Emperor's decree?"

Bai Rongwei was speechless. Of course, they couldn't.

His lips curled, "If it's fake, then there wouldn't be this marriage."

Xiao Jue seemed to be indifferent to the affairs of the imperial court, but that did not mean that she did not have any connections. He was the one who pushed for this marriage to achieve his goal. If he didn't like He Yan, he didn't have to do this. Even if Emperor Wen Xuan had the intention, he could have done something to ruin the marriage.

"But," Bai Rongwei grumbled, "you child, it's fine if you're happy, but how could you just bring the girl home? Although there's nothing going on between me and your big brother, if outsiders find out, it's hard to avoid gossiping and damaging Miss He's reputation. "

"Previously, her identity was unknown, so it was not appropriate to bring her home. If we brought her home, no one would know." Xiao Jue said, "This will not happen again in the future.

Only then did the couple heave a sigh of relief. In the past, he had always been worried that with Xiao Jue's personality, he would not want to get married in this lifetime. Now that he finally knew that he liked girls, it was a good thing. But he was afraid that the young man's nature would be greedy for a moment of pleasure, and it would be over if he caused trouble. Now that they saw that he knew what he was doing, the couple was slightly relieved.

"Then where is Miss He from? Where does she live? Is there anyone else in her family? " Bai Rongwei asked him, "When the young master of the Lin family left, he mentioned that Miss He's father was a military officer. Since we are already in-laws, and her parents are no longer here, your big brother and I should pay a visit. We can't let people think that we don't understand etiquette. "

"That's right," Xiao Jing also said, "We should go and discuss the details of the marriage with Master He. We also need to prepare your betrothal gifts. "

This marriage decree came suddenly, so the family didn't prepare anything. These years, the Emperor had bestowed many gifts, but Xiao Jue himself was too lazy to take care of it. Bai Rongwei had carefully stored it in the storeroom for him. Originally, he thought that it would be three to five years before he could use it, but he didn't expect the surprise to come so suddenly.