187

He Yan did not think that the person who came would be Xiao Jue.

She thought that Yan He and the rest would realize that she was missing after a long time and turn around to look for her. Although the possibility of this was very small. She did not think that it would be Xiao Jue who came.

Didn't he bring the other person to the governor's manor to look for the slave contract?

When the leader saw Xiao Jue coming, he was also shocked. This youth was different from the youth who was wearing a mask. His appearance and clothes did not look like he was from an ordinary family. He hesitated and thought about Tong Qiushi. He did not care about anything else and shouted, "This fellow's accomplice is here. Capture him!"

He Yan was shocked and blurted out, "Brother Huaijin, they have many people. Run!"

Although Xiao Jue's skills were outstanding, there were too many people here. How could he deal with them alone? It seemed that Yan He and the rest did not follow. Things were not looking good.

She was anxious and forgot her original intention. If Xiao Jue ran away now, what would she do?

Xiao Jue's gaze swept past her and only curved his lips. He Yan did not understand the meaning of this smile. Then, he heard the sound of horse hooves not far away. It was exceptionally bright in the night.

Yan He and the rest came?

This time, He Yan guessed wrong. The people who came were not Yan He, but ten guards. Before they came to Jinling, their families were worried that something would go wrong on the long journey. Thus, they each chose outstanding guards to protect them. Although this group of youths did not hide their visit to the brothel from the guards, they did not dare to tell them about the rescue. After all, it was too dangerous. If they told the guards, they would most likely be stopped.

However … the appearance of this group of guards was a good thing.

Xiao Jue was too lazy to even draw his sword. The guards behind him did not wait for his orders. The people in the manor were all Tong Qiushi's henchmen. How could they be compared to the guards who were carefully selected from the Shuo capital? In a moment, there were cries and howls. It was a mess.

However, no one paid any attention to He Yan, who was pressed down on the ground.

He Yan put her hands on the ground and was about to get up when she saw a pair of boots stop in front of her. She raised her head and saw the youth looking at her. He held out a hand to her.

That hand was slender and white, with distinct joints. It was clean and made one think of a fine jade carving. Her hands were covered in mud from the fight earlier. He Yan hesitated and did not reach out his hand.

The young man seemed to be impatient. After a moment, he grabbed her elbow and pulled her up from the ground.

"… Thank you," she whispered.

Xiao Jue's gaze fell on the whip marks on her back. She didn't say anything. In just a short while, the guards had already knocked down all the people here and tied them up like pigs.

"Who hit you with a whip just now?" he asked.

He Yan turned to look at him.

Without waiting for her to speak, the leader cried out, "Young Master, please spare my life. Young Master, please spare my life. I didn't do it on purpose!"

"So it was you," Xiao Jue said indifferently.

He unhurriedly bent down and picked up the whip that had been trampled on the ground. It was this whip that had lashed He Yan's back.