219

The next morning, He Yan woke up slightly later than usual. Last night, she kept thinking about things and couldn't fall asleep. She only fell asleep in the middle of the night. When she woke up, it was already late in the morning. It wasn't snowing today, so the sun was out. After washing up, she went to the main room to eat. As soon as she walked in, she almost bit her tongue.

"Why are you here?" He Yan asked.

Someone was sitting at the table in the main room, drinking tea. Qing Mei stood at the side. When she saw He Yan, she answered anxiously, "His Excellency came over early in the morning. He told me not to wake you up and to wait here for you to wake up."

Xiao Jue put down the teacup in her hand. She glanced at her and asked, "Did you sleep well?"

"… It was okay." He Yan scratched her head. She felt that Xiao Jue's sudden appearance was very shocking. She subconsciously looked at the roof. This was her house, not the Liang Province Guards.

Qing Mei put the porridge and dishes on the table. He Yan looked and said in surprise, "Qing Mei, did you get rich? So much food? These seem to be snacks from Chen Xiangji, right? "

"His Excellency sent someone to deliver these." Qing Mei answered uneasily.

Originally, the He Family ate simple breakfast. It had been more than ten years, so no one felt that there was anything wrong with it. Today, Xiao Jue sent someone to deliver such a large table of food. Qing Mei felt embarrassed and wondered if her family was too shabby.

He Yan didn't feel anything. It wasn't the first time she took advantage of Xiao Jue. She immediately applauded and praised, "Xiao Jue, you're so considerate. No wonder Yan Nanguang always said that having a wife is good. You're even better than Princess Shang. I can't find a single flaw."

Chi Wu, who was standing in the corner, trembled when he heard this. Was this something a human would say? That was a little too shameless. It was a pity that their Young Master was bewitched to the point of confusion, but he actually looked quite happy?

"Have you eaten?" He Yan gave Xiao Jue a pair of chopsticks. "Let's eat together."

Xiao Jue took the chopsticks. "Okay."

Chi Wu: "…"

She finally knew why her master had left the Xiao manor without eating breakfast. She had woken up so early to freeload her own food. He was really bored out of his mind.

Usually, the He family didn't discriminate between master and servant. Qing Mei also ate together at the same table. But today, Xiao Jue was here. Qing Mei wouldn't come to the table even if she was beaten to death. After hesitating for a while, she dragged Chi Wu away and said that she wanted to sweep the snow. He Yan had no choice but to eat with Xiao Jue.

Qing Mei's porridge was fragrant and soft. She had added red dates, so it was sweet. He Yan remembered that this person didn't seem to like sweet things when she grew up. He asked, "I forgot that you don't like sweet things." She reached out her chopsticks and took the red dates from Xiao Jue's bowl. She smiled and said, "I'll help you."

Xiao Jue paused.

Xiao family members knew that he was very particular about cleanliness. He didn't like to use things that others had used, let alone pick food from his bowl. Even Xiao Jing couldn't do it. But He Yan did this, so he didn't stop her.

"But, you didn't come here today just to eat breakfast with me, right?" He Yan asked, "What's the matter?"

"I plan to go to the Xian Chang Dojo." Xiao Jue said, "You'll come with me."