246

The New Year in Shuo Jing City was about to arrive.

At the end of last year, He Yan was in the Liangzhou Garrison and couldn't come back. After the New Year, she was going to get married again. He Sui went to buy a lot of New Year's goods and insisted on celebrating the New Year at home. Unfortunately, he wasn't from Shuo Jing City. Ever since Madam He passed away, there were even fewer relatives in his home. There weren't many who could visit his relatives.

However, his neighbors were very enthusiastic. They would send some dried fruits to He Yan from time to time. They would send him a plate of cooked dumplings and a piece of cured meat. They would even hold his hand and say, "Yan Yan, when you marry into a Xiao family in the future and become a young mistress, don't forget about us neighbors. I even hugged you when you were young. "

"Yes, yes, yes, I even sewed clothes for you!"

Thanks to Xiao Jue, they didn't have to buy enough meat this year.

However, He Yan still bought some things with his own money and asked someone to bring them to Wang Ba and the others. He also gave some gifts to the military instructors. They were in the camp outside the city and could only spend the New Year with the soldiers. She was going to get married on the 10th of the New Year. He Yan wanted Xiao Jue to allow them to take a leave. Shi Tou and the others were all her friends who had followed her since she was in the Liangzhou Garrison. He Yan wanted to invite them to her wedding banquet.

However, ever since Xiao Jue appeared that day when she met with Chu Zhao, she hadn't seen Xiao Jue in the past few days. She was probably busy with the aftermath of the Mingshui case.

The sky gradually darkened. They could faintly hear the sound of firecrackers and fireworks in the distance. It wasn't snowing tonight. It was a clear night. He Sui moved the table to the courtyard and called He Yan and the others to eat. He Yan wanted to help with the New Year's Eve dinner, but He Sui refused. He Sui said, "You're going to get married after the New Year. How can I let you work? Sit down! Yan Yan, just focus on eating. "

He Yunsheng secretly rolled his eyes.

Including Qing Mei, there were only four people on the table, but there were five pairs of bowls and chopsticks. The empty bowl and chopsticks belonged to the late Madam He.

He Sui poured everyone a small glass of sweet wine, which was a New Year's gift from his master when he was a bodyguard. He Sui picked up the wine glass and took a sip. Looking at the empty bowl and chopsticks, his eyes softened and he sighed. "If Ahui was still here, she would be so happy to see Yan Yan get married."

"Ah Hui" was the deceased Madam He.

He Yan was a little sad. The real Second Miss He was gone, but all she could do now was to live on in her place and protect He Sui, He Yunsheng, and Qing Mei.

"Father, let's not talk about this on such a joyous occasion," He Yunsheng frowned, "Besides, my mother might have been an immortal in the heavens to bless my elder sister and let her get married smoothly. Look at her, if it wasn't for God's blessing, I think she can only quarrel with me at home for the rest of her life. No one would want to marry her. "

He Yan looked at him with a smile. "Yes, yes, yes. But Yunsheng, I think you're not young anymore. I don't know what kind of girl you'll marry in the future. Would the girl be willing to take a fancy to you? If you don't change your temper, maybe you can only quarrel with Xiang Xiang at home in the future. "

"You're talking nonsense, I …" He Yunsheng immediately retorted.

He Yan cupped his chin and moved closer. "Oh, do you already have a girl you like? Tell me. "