206

Yu Hua Temple was filled with incense and there were many carriages parked in front of the temple.

He Yan and Xiao Jue got off the carriage and Fei Nu drove the carriage to the side to wait for them. The two of them did not bring any maids or servants with them and they were very eye-catching. People who came to worship Buddha could not help but take a few more glances at them. There were those who didn't know the person, so they just looked around. There were those who knew the official's family members. After recognizing Xiao Jue, they guessed He Yan's identity. However, they didn't dare to talk about it in front of him, so they stayed far away.

The rules for worshipping Buddha were simple. Ordinary people would donate some incense, oil and rice. Those who were richer would donate some money. Xiao family did not lack money and Fei Nu had already prepared it. After receiving the incense from the monks, they had to enter the temple to worship.

Xiao Jue did not enter.

He Yan asked him why he did not enter and he only said, "I don't believe in Buddha."

He Yan, "…"

They were already in front of the temple and he said that he did not believe in Buddha in other people's territory. This person was really arrogant and lawless. However, this kind of thing did not matter if he believed in it or not. She could not force Xiao Jue to worship Buddha. She let Xiao Jue stay outside and entered the temple.

He Yan knelt down on the praying mat. The golden Buddha statue she made up for the wealthy merchants looked down on all living beings mercifully. She bowed down and kowtowed sincerely. She said in her heart, she didn't ask for anything else. She only asked for those who were harmed by He Rufei and were burdened by her to be reincarnated earlier. She wanted to be safe and healthy in her next life.

After offering incense and lighting the lamp, He Yan walked out of the temple. Xiao Jue was waiting for her in front of the temple. Seeing her come out, he asked casually, "What did you wish for?"

"I hope that there will be no more wars in the world," He Yan put her hands together and pretended to be serious, "I hope that the world will be peaceful so that you and I can relax."

These words were not false. The matter of Uto had not been completely resolved. It was said that the Imperial Court was still debating whether to advocate war or peace. Even now, no conclusion had been reached.

After donating incense money and praying to Buddha, one could even have a vegetarian meal in the temple. The vegetarian food of Yu Hua Temple was also one of the best. However, He Yan was blind the last time he came here. Even if it was a mountain delicacy, it was tasteless to him. He had already forgotten what it tasted like. Now that he thought about it, he was actually looking forward to it.

When they passed the ancient tree, they could see that the huge ancient tree was rooted beside the mountain temple. The branches were as vast as the clouds and mist. They were originally green and glistening, but now they were covered in layers of red. When they got closer, they could see that the red on the branches were strands of red silk. On the red silk, there were words written, which were probably the wishes of the writer. It was said that if one hung one's wish on the ancient tree, the ancient tree would manifest its spirit.

He Yan remembered that he had hung the red silk here before, and he couldn't help but stop.

"This ancient tree is very spiritual." He said to Xiao Jue.

Xiao Jue leisurely said: "You want to make up a story again?"

"No, it really is very spiritual." He Yan smiled and thought that in her previous life, she had hung a wish on the tree. She hoped that she could see the moon again. At that time, when she wrote these words on the red silk, she felt that it was a pipe dream. Not to mention the moon, just the fact that her eyes could see the light again sounded inconceivable.