159

The girl's tears were like fragile dewdrops as they rolled down her cheeks. For a moment, they seemed to be scalding.

Thinking about it carefully, this was the first time Xiao Jue had seen He Yan cry.

He was startled and thought to himself, in the end, she's still a girl. No matter how powerful she is normally, it's still a bit scary to see her flesh and blood splatter on the battlefield for the first time. But … the last time she fought with Rida Muzi, her reaction wasn't as intense as this.

After thinking about it, Xiao Jue finally frowned. He softened his voice and comforted her, "It's okay now. Don't cry."

He looked around and saw that the Utuo soldiers were only left with remnants of their last struggle. Cui Yuezhi's men had already arrived, so the rest were nothing to be afraid of.

"Commander in chief!" Slave Fei rushed over and looked at He Yan. He was also stunned for a moment.

"How long are you going to stand here and cry?" Xiao Jue felt a headache coming on.

He Yan quickly wiped away her tears. She knew that she had lost her composure. Even though the situation was already decided, this wasn't the time to be sad. She turned around and said, "Ah, sand got into my eyes just now. It's okay now. Let's wrap it up!"

Her voice still sounded like she was crying. This excuse was so lame that it felt perfunctory. Xiao Jue couldn't be bothered to expose her. When she turned around and walked back with her sword, he suddenly grabbed He Yan's arm.

"What's wrong?" He Yan looked back in confusion.

Xiao Jue didn't say anything and only looked behind her. He Yan followed his gaze and saw a few drops of blood slowly flowing down from her waist into the river, leaving only a trail of blood.

She was stunned and reached out to touch her back. The pain that had been dull for a long time seemed to have returned. She had probably charged into the Utuo soldiers in anger and only attacked without defending. The Uto had taken advantage of the opening and injured her. Later, she had been in a hurry to find Xiao Jue and didn't realize that she had been injured.

The armor was heavy, so it wasn't obvious that she was injured. If not for the blood dripping down, it would have been hard to notice. He Yan felt the pain, but it wasn't unbearable. It wasn't like he hadn't suffered injuries more painful than this in the past, so he didn't feel anything. Instead, he adjusted his armor and said indifferently, "I might have been cut. I'll go back and bandage it."

"Go back to Lin Shuanghe now," Xiao Jue said. "We don't need you here."

Uto's momentum was gone, and Maka was dead. Thousands of ships were burning on the river, and Cui Yuezhi and the remaining soldiers of Jiyang City were more than enough to deal with the remaining soldiers. However, He Yan didn't have the habit of letting his subordinates work while he himself rested, so he said, "No need. It's just some minor injuries. "

Xiao Jue frowned and looked at her coldly.

"There's really no need." He Yan tried to break free of his hand, but Xiao Jue was too strong and couldn't break free.

The young man in the dark armor looked down at her. His posture was tall, and his cold eyes seemed to contain knives. However, his tone was light. "You don't know pain? You don't feel pain, so you don't know how to shout in pain? "

He Yan sensed that he seemed to be angry.

She instinctively replied, "… it doesn't hurt."

A hint of disdain flashed through the young man's eyes. He looked calmly at her and said, "Do you not feel pain, or do you not dare to feel pain? Do you think it's not necessary, or do you not need it? "