162

On the way back to Liangzhou from Jiyang, they were not as energetic as when they first arrived. It was probably because they had just gone through a fierce battle, so everyone was a little tired. Lin Shuanghe also returned Cui Jiao and Hong Qiao's indenture contracts to them. He also left a sum of money for their parents to tell them not to sell their children in the future. Before leaving, he even mentioned Cui Yuezhi's name because he was afraid that their parents would secretly oppose him.

The two girls were reluctant to leave. After all, it was not every day that they could meet a master who was easy to serve and did not beat or scold the servants. Sometimes, being the servant of such a kind-hearted madam was much easier than struggling in the difficult world.

When they left the Liangzhou Guard, it was not yet spring. Now that they had been delayed on the road, it was already early summer by the time they returned.

He Yan had already changed back into men's clothes. It was more convenient to wear men's clothes when they were hurrying on the road. Lin Shuanghe would occasionally wave his fan and sigh, "My Younger Sister He is so beautiful, but she has to dress up as a man. What a waste."

He Yan treated it as if he was talking nonsense.

On the second day of the fifth month, Xiao Jue and He Yan arrived at the Liangzhou Guard.

At the foot of Baiyue Mountain, the sound of soldiers training could be heard from afar. He Yan jumped off the carriage and looked in the direction of Wulu River and the martial arts practice field. He suddenly felt a sense of familiarity. In the end, she had been in the Liangzhou Guard for at most a year, but she seemed to have completely gotten used to life here. As soon as she arrived, she was like a tired bird returning to the forest. She felt indescribably at ease.

Shen Han, who had already received the news, rushed over and helped everyone unload the goods from the carriage. When he saw that He Yan and Xiao Jue were safe and sound, he immediately sighed in relief. A long time had passed by the time they received news about the military situation in Jiyang. They also knew that it was 20,000 Jiyang City soldiers against 150,000 Uto. Just thinking about it made them feel scared. They were only worried about whether they were injured in the fierce battle. Now, it seemed that they were all alive and kicking, so there was no need to worry.

"Commander-in-chief must be tired from the journey. Go back to your room and rest for a while." Shen Han said, "The room has already been cleaned."

Xiao Jue nodded. While they were talking, another carriage arrived and stopped behind them. The curtain of the carriage was lifted and Ying Xiang helped Chu Zhao out of the carriage.

Shen Han was stunned. "This …"

"Fourth Young Master Chu will stay in the Liang Province Guards for the time being." Xiao Jue's voice was calm. "Find him a room." He then glanced sideways at Chu Zhao and said in a mocking tone, "The conditions in the Institute of Wei are difficult. Fourth Young Master Chu, please forgive us."

Chu Zhao cupped his hands and thanked her, "I don't dare. Zilan is very grateful."

Xiao Jue couldn't be bothered with him. She turned around and left. He Yan hurried to catch up.

Cheng Lisu was no longer in the Liang Province Guard. Logically speaking, Cheng Lisu's room should be returned to its rightful owner. However, Xiao Jue seemed to have forgotten about this matter. Living here, it was indeed more convenient for her to bathe and freshen up compared to living with the others. Since Xiao Jue didn't mention it, He Yan pretended not to know. He carried the luggage back to Cheng Lisu's room, which was next door to Xiao Jue's room.

Shen Han followed behind him. He held a military booklet in his hand and said, "This is the content of the daily training for the past few days. I have already organized it. You can take a look at it slowly after you have rested. When you return, the Nan Province Guards will still be trained by you. In the past few months, the Liang Province Guard's formation has begun to show results. "